Question new pc build with old psu

Oct 23, 2019
Hi guys, i have a question my new build is ryzen 2600 msi b450m-a pro max and old psu vx550w corsair i think my psu does not support idle control so i have changed to typical current idle from auto in bios, with these changes do i need to disable Cool'n Quiet and Global C-state control ? or i can leave it to auto?

The VX550 was a decent PSU in its day. The only potential problem is its age. It must be 10 years old? I don't know what graphics card you have it paired to but keep a close eye on it. You can use OCCT and HWinfo to watch your system. If voltages are out of range or if you get random shutdowns you may want to consider replacing it. Here's a review of it for anyone who is curious.
Corsair VX550

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019
thank's for reply my gpu is asus rx570 expedition 4gb sometimes pc freezes to black screen but i found that my psu does not support idle control so i found in bios this option and changed to typical current idle from auto now so far so good pc is stable but i'm confused by Cool'n Quiet and Global C-state control if psu does not control the current so Cool'n Quiet and Global C-state control is not working currectly or mothreboard somehow controls current i don't understand.

TRENDING THREADS