Question New PC build with price range around 1-1.2k USD or abit out budget

N4pzz

Prominent
Jan 14, 2022
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a new PC build for replacing my old ass PC.

Here's old PC build
Ryzen 5 1400
AMD stock cooling
Biostar A320m
Galax GTX 1060 3gb
Random brand ram 2*4 gb 2400mhz
Venom RX 450w PSU (80Silver I don't know is real or not)
Random brand casing
240gb pny SATA SSD for os
500gb harddisk*2

And this is the new PC build make by me
Ryzen 5 5600
Id cooling 4 pipe tower fan (idk products name)
Acrock b550m pro4
AMD Rx6600
Kinston 2*8 fury beast DDR4 3200mhz (already buy, I don't knows its actually good or not or)
No idea for PSU yet prob around 500-600w 80gold
No idea for case too

I don't really know this build is good or not,so I Hope someone can recommend me for the best build.

I have some requirements for the PC build
-all the color of PC part is black
-looking for the best budget
-RGB is not nessasary
-cpu cooler must be towerfan
-PSU can be modular
-case can have storage for cable management

I'm not ready need upgrade for PC accessories, cause i think the old one is still in good condition. But if have some recommendations is ok.
Razer kraken x
Razer basilisk v2
Cherry MX black 2.0 NBL black switch
Acer nitro RG241Y 165hz(recently buy, can someone tell me it's good or not,cause it really cheap for ips 165hz.)

If there is any word that make you feel uncomfortable, I'm apologize bout that cuz not native English speaker, I'm from Indonesia, thanks for the help.

N4pzz

Prominent
Jan 14, 2022
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a new PC build for replacing my old ass PC.

Here's old PC build
Ryzen 5 1400
AMD stock cooling
Biostar A320m
Galax GTX 1060 3gb
Random brand ram 2*4 gb 2400mhz
Venom RX 450w PSU (80Silver I don't know is real or not)
Random brand casing
240gb pny SATA SSD for os
500gb harddisk*2

And this is the new PC build make by me
Ryzen 5 5600
Id cooling 4 pipe tower fan (idk products name)
Acrock b550m pro4
AMD Rx6600
Kinston 2*8 fury beast DDR4 3200mhz (already buy, I don't knows its actually good or not or)
No idea for PSU yet prob around 500-600w 80gold
No idea for case too

I don't really know this build is good or not,so I Hope someone can recommend me for the best build.

I have some requirements for the PC build
-all the color of PC part is black
-looking for the best budget
-RGB is not nessasary
-cpu cooler must be towerfan
-PSU can be modular
-case can have storage for cable management

I'm not ready need upgrade for PC accessories, cause i think the old one is still in good condition. But if have some recommendations is ok.
Razer kraken x
Razer basilisk v2
Cherry MX black 2.0 NBL black switch
Acer nitro RG241Y 165hz(recently buy, can someone tell me it's good or not,cause it really cheap for ips 165hz.)

If there is any word that make you feel uncomfortable, I'm apologize bout that cuz not native English speaker, I'm from Indonesia, thanks for the help.
Here some additional information I don't wanna Intel processor and the GPU,because the newest gen Mobo doesn't arrive in Indonesia yet(only high end series), and the Intel products is really overpriced in here.

IDProG

Distinguished
Indonesians usually have no idea about the importance of not cheaping out on PSUs. They usually only care about the CPU, GPU, and RAM. They even don't care that the prebuilt only has 240GB SATA SSD and crappy case + PSU. And honestly, they probably don't know what CPU/GPU/RAM is good. They just see that the prebuilt costs <$600 and think it's going to be a good buy. It's honestly depressing.

How do I know that? Trust me, I do. Just believe me.

Instead of recommending you the parts, I'll just tell you not to do what Indonesians do above.

I especially emphasize the importance of picking a PSU. And no, 80+ certification has NOTHING to do with the quality of the PSU. You should find what PSU is actually good yourself. Luckily, this forum has the list. Just go to the Power Supplies subforum.

Also, SSD. It's important to not buy SATA SSDs and buy at least PCIe 3.0 x4 with around 3000MB/s speed, and at least 1TB.

N4pzz

Prominent
Jan 14, 2022
Indonesians usually have no idea about the importance of not cheaping out on PSUs. They usually only care about the CPU, GPU, and RAM. They even don't care that the prebuilt only has 240GB SATA SSD and crappy case + PSU. And honestly, they probably don't know what CPU/GPU/RAM is good. They just see that the prebuilt costs <$600 and think it's going to be a good buy. It's honestly depressing.

How do I know that? Trust me, I do. Just believe me.

Instead of recommending you the parts, I'll just tell you not to do what Indonesians do above.

I especially emphasize the importance of picking a PSU. And no, 80+ certification has NOTHING to do with the quality of the PSU. You should find what PSU is actually good yourself. Luckily, this forum has the list. Just go to the Power Supplies subforum.

Also, SSD. It's important to not buy SATA SSDs and buy at least PCIe 3.0 x4 with around 3000MB/s speed, and at least 1TB.

I'm quite indeed bout your opinion but just gonna telling you the salary in Indonesia is actually pretty low, example the Capital city in Jakarta the lowest salary is only around 300-400USD,so for the prebuild plan ofc have some sacrifice for PC part they think is not important,but sadly the PSU being most part that being ignore.

For SSD,back in the past price is really unfortable so in local we can only go for the 240 SATA SSD for system and some HDD for other uses .but for now price actually keep going cheaper, but I think they doesn't realize yet. Especially here got a RX7 brand SATA SSD 1tb that only priced around 35-40USD but it really have some trustworthy issues for me.

Back in the 2018, I'm still very amateur for PC build, me and my friend are also looking for really budget PC build we just go ignore the PSU,all of us things PSU got the 80plus already mean that's a trustworthy PSU,my friend grab aero cool lux 500w PSU, I didn't grab that cause I'm broke the budget (student at that time) somehow i get this venom RX PSU.

He used it for 1 year got no problem but at someday, at a gaming night we managed to play CSGO,during match his PSU just go blowup for no reason, but luckily the rest of the part doesn't affected, and one of my friend also using a same PSU got the same problem.

back in the things you say, thanks for the subforums info, but the product in here just really limited. And mosly selling a trash PSU like aero cool, or some brand but only goes 80 Bronze. Anyway I'm gonna looking for the subforums hope there is any product actually sell in here.

IDProG

Distinguished
I'm quite indeed bout your opinion but just gonna telling you the salary in Indonesia is actually pretty low, example the Capital city in Jakarta the lowest salary is only around 300-400USD,so for the prebuild plan ofc have some sacrifice for PC part they think is not important,but sadly the PSU being most part that being ignore.

For SSD,back in the past price is really unfortable so in local we can only go for the 240 SATA SSD for system and some HDD for other uses .but for now price actually keep going cheaper, but I think they doesn't realize yet. Especially here got a RX7 brand SATA SSD 1tb that only priced around 35-40USD but it really have some trustworthy issues for me.

Back in the 2018, I'm still very amateur for PC build, me and my friend are also looking for really budget PC build we just go ignore the PSU,all of us things PSU got the 80plus already mean that's a trustworthy PSU,my friend grab aero cool lux 500w PSU, I didn't grab that cause I'm broke the budget (student at that time) somehow i get this venom RX PSU.

He used it for 1 year got no problem but at someday, at a gaming night we managed to play CSGO,during match his PSU just go blowup for no reason, but luckily the rest of the part doesn't affected, and one of my friend also using a same PSU got the same problem.

back in the things you say, thanks for the subforums info, but the product in here just really limited. And mosly selling a trash PSU like aero cool, or some brand but only goes 80 Bronze. Anyway I'm gonna looking for the subforums hope there is any product actually sell in here.
Listen.

I am well aware about the average Indonesian's salary.

This has nothing to do with Indonesian's average salary. This has everything to do with the value of the PC you buy compared to the cost.

Take this prebuilt PC for example. Sold 43 units, which might look like a few without context, but in context, it's VERY MANY. Usually, things like this just don't sell (maybe 3 units max).

The PC has
a 12400F,
a GTX 1650,
16GB DDR4 (Single Channel, NOT Dual Channel),
120GB SATA SSD (Yes, this is the only storage),
The cheapest H610 motherboard,
Crappy Case and PSU,
and a stock cooler.

The PC costs $600.

And believe me, it gets worse.

Having Single Channel RAM will cut the CPU performance by 20-40% in games compared to Dual Channel RAM of the same size.
The PSU is low quality, meaning it might explode and fry other components, not just the PSU.
And come on, can you really live with just 120GB storage?

All these problems, just because the price is "cheap".

Just by doubling the budget to slightly more than $1200, you can build a PC that's literally 4 times more powerful.

5800X3D,
RX 6800 XT (I know the 6800 XT is only $15 more expensive than the 6800),
32GB Dual Channel DDR4,
Decent motherboard,
1TB PCIe 4.0 SSD,
650W Seasonic 80+ Gold PSU,
Decent case

The build above will last you 4 times longer than the prebuilt, with just 2 times the cost.

N4pzz

Prominent
Jan 14, 2022
Listen.

I am well aware about the average Indonesian's salary.

This has nothing to do with Indonesian's average salary. This has everything to do with the value of the PC you buy compared to the cost.

Take this prebuilt PC for example. Sold 43 units, which might look like a few without context, but in context, it's VERY MANY. Usually, things like this just don't sell (maybe 3 units max).

The PC has
a 12400F,
a GTX 1650,
16GB DDR4 (Single Channel, NOT Dual Channel),
120GB SATA SSD (Yes, this is the only storage),
The cheapest H610 motherboard,
Crappy Case and PSU,
and a stock cooler.

The PC costs $600.

And believe me, it gets worse.

Having Single Channel RAM will cut the CPU performance by 20-40% in games compared to Dual Channel RAM of the same size.
The PSU is low quality, meaning it might explode and fry other components, not just the PSU.
And come on, can you really live with just 120GB storage?

All these problems, just because the price is "cheap".

Just by doubling the budget to slightly more than $1200, you can build a PC that's literally 4 times more powerful.

5800X3D,
RX 6800 XT (I know the 6800 XT is only $15 more expensive than the 6800),
32GB Dual Channel DDR4,
Decent motherboard,
1TB PCIe 4.0 SSD,
650W Seasonic 80+ Gold PSU,
Decent case

The build above will last you 4 times longer than the prebuilt, with just 2 times the cost.

I look the total at newegg,exactly it was cost around 1200 USD. But here it was way more than the cost.

5800X3D 300,Newegg 326
6800XT 600,Newegg cheapest 500
(Here even not selling 6800)
32GB dual channel ram 80 Newegg 44
(I find all of the cheapest ram all cost for 80)
ASRock b550 pro4 113 same
Gm 650 113 same
Wd Green sn350 64 Newegg 45

Newegg cost 1148(definitely can buying a decent case)
Here cost 1330
130dollar out budget not included case, CPU cooler is really expensive for me.

The build you made definitely a great build but according the price, downgrade some part will way better than shrink out my wallet.

Change 5800x3d into 5800x
6800xt into 6700xt or any better options cause change 6700xt the performance drop around 40-50%.

Btw the prebuild you send, it was the worst one I ever seen, I don't know which platform you see this,but for 600USD it way more better options for prebuild I randomly found
R5 5600x
2x8 ram 3200
500gb SSD
2tb HDD
Cv650 80 bronze
Even a water cooling

Last edited:

N4pzz

Prominent
Jan 14, 2022
I look the total at newegg,exactly it was cost around 1200 USD. But here it was way more than the cost.

5800X3D 300,Newegg 326
Gm 650 113 same

Here cost 1330

The build you made definitely a great build but according the price, downgrade some part will way better than shrink out my wallet.

6800xt into 6700xt or any better options cause change 6700xt the performance drop around 40-50%.

Btw the prebuild you send, it was the worst one I ever seen, I don't know which platform you see this,but for 600USD it way more better options for prebuild I randomly found
R5 5600x
2x8 ram 3200
500gb SSD
2tb HDD
Cv650 80 bronze
Even a water cooling
Nvm about the prebuild I give, I just found one more worst than yours
I7 3440
GTX 1050 ti
16gb ram
Biostar H61M
120gb SSD
500gb HDD
Trash PSU and case
22inch FHD monitor and other trash accessories.
It was sold out 139 unit and cost 750$
And it was a "gaming" pc

IDProG

Distinguished

5800X3D 300,Newegg 326
Gm 650 113 same

Here cost 1330

R5 5600x
2x8 ram 3200
500gb SSD
2tb HDD
Cv650 80 bronze
Even a water cooling
Nope. I just picked the parts. I managed to get all of them (including the case and a CPU cooler) for around $1326.

Yeah, it's out of the budget, but the increase to 6800 XT from 6700 XT is massive, around
30-50%. The increase to 5800X3D from 5800X is massive, too, around 15% on average.

I think it's worth the extra $126.