New pc build won't boot. Boot device led red.

Jan 13, 2019
So i built a new pc from a few spareparts and a few new ones. When i booted it up i first got the dram led red, but reseating the ram and running memok! Fixed that problem. Now when i try to boot it starts up fine but after 10 or so seconds the boot device led lights up a solid red. And i dont get any signal to any of my screens.

What i've tried so far:
Remove the gpu (did nothing)
Use just one stick of ram (nothing)
Remove bios battery (nothing)
Remove everything from the case and run it there (nothing)
Reconnect all the wires from the psu (nothing)
Remove the 4x4 cpu power (the cpu led lit up red on the motherboard)
Remove everything except cpu, cooler, cpu, ram (nothing)
Start with a usb stick (nothing)

I thought that it had to be the cpu or motherboard, but wouldn't the cpu light always light up if it was a cpu problem?

I need some help.

Jan 13, 2019
The parts are:
Gpu Msi 970
Cpu intel i-7 3770k
Motherboard is an old asus motherboard which i don't remember.
Psu cooler master masterwatt 500w
Hyperx Fury 1866mhz 16gb ddr3 RAM
Hdd seagate 1tb.

The cpu and the motherboard are the reused parts and were previously in a windows machine and have just been removed.

Jan 13, 2019
That's the problem, i can't get to bios. The pc starts, with all the the fans turning on and i can feel the hdd spinning, but i dont get any signal to my screen.

Jan 13, 2019
The motherboard and the cpu were bought together back in the day. They were used together before with no issue. So i think they should still work together, no?

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
Yes they should then. Problem we have now is you have and entire build of older parts which doesn't give any sort of starting point of figuring out which might be bad

If it won't boot with 1 stick ram, cpu then that limits problem to one of them

Jan 13, 2019
Well the Psu seems to be working, since it powers the cpu and gpu just fine. But what might be wrong with the motherboard? I mean it appears to work since the green power led lights up when i connect it to the wall. And it lights up the correct leds when i power it up (like the dram when i remove the ram and the vga when i remove the gpu). Sorry for so many questions but I've never ran into this problem before.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
Having enough power to run some fans and lights doesn't mean the power supply is working properly, just that it's not completely toast.

As for the motherboard.the bios chip itself could be toast, or the USB controller, or one of a hundred other things