[SOLVED] New pc build wont boot from USB media creation

evanburgess27

Commendable
Dec 2, 2018
Hey guys, i just set up a new pc im planning on using to host a couple small game servers. When i try to boot with the media creation tool USB installed, i get a blank screen with an underscore, along with a the ez debug VGA light going on. Without the USB, i can boot to BIOS fine, but Im unable to get the pc to install an OS now as a result of the USB not working.
So far, ive tried reformatting the USB twice with new media tools, resetting CMOS, checking all the seating of components, changing boot order, disabling and re-enabling legacy mode, trying different USB ports. Another thing ive noticed is that if i am in the BIOS and insert the usb, it freezes up until i unplug it. Not sure if this matters but I figured id mention it.

System specs - MSI B450M Bazooka WIFI
RAM - 2x16 G Skill 3000 mhz
Samsung EVO 870 1tb
nvidia gtx 960 4gb
EVGA 650W PSU

Thanks for any help or feedback.

Solution
EVGA is the brand of the PSU while 650W is the advertised wattage. Please mention the model of your PSU. As for your motherboard, what BIOS version did it ship with? Speaking of BIOS, what processor are you trying to work with? You can't power a system without the CPU. Which slots are the sticks of ram populating? Have CSM disabled with the first boot device set to USB(not the bootable device).

Did you create your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools?

Lutfij

Titan
EVGA is the brand of the PSU while 650W is the advertised wattage. Please mention the model of your PSU. As for your motherboard, what BIOS version did it ship with? Speaking of BIOS, what processor are you trying to work with? You can't power a system without the CPU. Which slots are the sticks of ram populating? Have CSM disabled with the first boot device set to USB(not the bootable device).

Did you create your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools?

Solution

evanburgess27

Commendable
Dec 2, 2018
sorry, its a ryzen 2600x processor, the cooler is a Noctua UH 1S. ill look up the model of PSU, i dont recall off hand.
BIOS is version E7C87AMS.150 Build Date 02/02/2021
Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS