[SOLVED] New PC Build wont boot/post. Click sound (PSU) then restart loop.

Gospel45

Reputable
May 18, 2015
New PC Build wont boot/post. Turns on for 30 seconds, clicks and restarts endlessly. No beep code.
All the parts are new and I have tried most if not all the different options online, restarting CMOS, unplugging ram/gpu/storage. Nothing seems to work. Nothing comes up on the display and can't even get to bios.

Between reboots there is always a 30 second window where all fans run and mobo lights are on before it restarts.

Cheers.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Rzhxcq - My Parts

Last edited:

Gospel45

Reputable
May 18, 2015
I would rma the board. You have done all the troubleshooting steps. Shouldn't be this hard to get it to post. Just two last questions. Did you use the standoffs when you installed the motherboard? And did you check to make sure the motherboard is not touching any metal in the case?
Yes I checked all the standoffs were right and nothing is touching the board. I have just tried the same pc with different ram and I am getting 5 short beeps from the speaker and no more restart looping. 5 beeps suggests something up with the cpu but I know for sure that is installed correctly and no pins are missing/broken. Is this still a motherboard rma do you think?

Gospel45

Reputable
May 18, 2015
Hi I think i have figured out the issue. Changing the ram fixed the issue. The 5 beeps was the fact i was booting without a graphics card in for testing. So glad it was just the ram and not the mobo, thanks for all the help.

Hi I think i have figured out the issue. Changing the ram fixed the issue. The 5 beeps was the fact i was booting without a graphics card in for testing. So glad it was just the ram and not the mobo, thanks for all the help.
Ok not scolding you , just for further posters, it is very important to include as much information as possible when posting a thread with your problem. People get miffed when I ask them their pc set up but it is very important info. Had the information here included the build as presented it would have been clear a gpu is needed to post with a Ryzen5 2600 cpu. With the pc parts listed in the description it was inferred that this was a full build with all the parts included.