New PC build won't boot

Stormie21

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
Built a new computer, used my old PSU (Silencer 750w CrossFire).

I also have a Thermal Take 75 case, Intel i7 5820k hexacore, Cooler Master V8 CPU cooler, GTX 970 4gb gfx card, Asus Rampage 5 Extreme mobo and 16gb DDR4 Crucial Ballistix RAM.

I've replaced the RAM and Motherboard so far, the beeps from the speaker said RAM was faulty, I replaced RAM it still gave the same beep, I swapped the motherboard. This time I didn't get a speaker with the mobo.. Looking for one asap.

At the minute, I turn on my computer (from mobo or case), get everything turn on and light up, hear my hard drive spin up and see on my case that it's being accessed, then nothing. Absolutely nothing changes after that. No signal to moinitors (hdmi & dvi-i), no memory access.

I've tried reseating absolutely everything and I'm at my wits end now having only had my work laptop for the past 2-3 weeks.

Edit - When using the MemOK button on my motherboard I can boot into bios, however I cannot boot to windows. When I get into boot I get the message: Memory OK! succeeds in system booting! Enter BIOS setup menu and save the memory settings, or visit ASUS website (ww.asus.com) for latest BIOS version.
Press F1 to run SETUP

After this, no matter what I can't get into windows.. I've made sure to select the correct boot device etc.

Stormie21

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013

When I force boot from my SSD with my Windows install on it, everything is fine.. Been using my computer for a few hours now.

Any idea why it won't boot from my SSD (which I can't set as default boot device from BIOS)?

Also managed to get stuck with faulty dimms.. again. Only 8gb of my ram is recognised >.<

Stormie21

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013

I'll find the patience for RAM testing tomorrow most likely..

It is connected to the first SATA port. I read somewhere online that I wouldn't have to reinstall Windows for my new build, is that perhaps why I can't select it as primary boot and only force it?

Stormie21

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013

Okay, even when it's just my OS ssd connected, it doesn't boot normally. I have to use the MemOK button on my motherboard, and then force boot. Why on earth would this happen!?

I'm reinstalling Windows now anyway.. Hopefully that'll fix the issue.

Oct 31, 2019
Hello everyone.
I have the similar situation, this morning my 6 years old PC decided not to boot. After every few seconds it tried to reboot and failed again and again. I replaced 2032 batery on the mainboard (ASUS Z-87a), applied new thermal paste for CPU, these did not work. Then I have removed my SSDs, graphics card (ASUS GTX760, then I connected the DVI cable to onboard graphic cards DVI slot). Left only one RAM (Gskill ripjaw 8GB) there and tried rebooting. It kept failing to boot and reset in an endless loop but after a few minutes and many tries, the BIOS screen appeared on my monitor.

It said, "Memory OK! succeeds in system booting! Enter BIOS setup menu and save the memory settings or visit ASUS website (www.asus.com) for latest BIOS version.
Press F1 to Run SETUP"

Then I think something has failed again and the screen gone black. PC rebooted again, same screen, gone black again. Now after a reboot it has a 50% rate of getting only black screen and reboot in a second/getting this BIOS screen and then failing, rebooting in a longer period.

Does anybody know the cause or the failing part?