[SOLVED] New PC Build won't post

May 22, 2020
Hi guys,

So I've never built a PC before and I'm super stuck. When I turn the PC on all fans and lights are working but no display. First the motherboard red LED for the CPU shows up for maybe a second and then the VGA light and then finally sets on the BOOT LED.

The ram is completely fine. I've tried booting without it and with just the one but that didn't work. So any help would be super appreciated.

My specs are:
Motherboard - MSI b450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
CPU - Ryzen 7 2700x
RAM - Corsair vengeance LXP DDR4 32GB
SSD - Samsung 970 EVO 1TB
GPU - MSI armor radeon RX580
PSU - Corsair CV650 ATX Bronze

Solution
Okay
Alright guys I got super frustrated with it all and decided to take it into the repairer. They didn't know the issue as all they did was pull it apart and popped it back together.

I've just brought it home and I'm still not seeing a display? I must be doing something really simple very wrong :( The HDMI cable is hooked into the GPU and my monitor is set to HDMI. I made sure to hit delete many times in the hope to reach bios but still nothing. The monitor I have is the Acer Aspire ED322QA and they gave it to me right of the rack of the store because it was the last one, so I don't have a manual for it. I have been using the monitor for weeks now with my old macbook so I'm still not sure if its the monitor.

Could it possibly be...

Strafez

Prominent
May 22, 2020
Hello, I am a new builder as well and experienced the same issue at first.
I had the same problem- turned on the Power switch, fans spinning and all but no signal to the monitor. I was about to give up until I just sat there for 10 minutes with the PC turned on and it miraculously posted into BIOS.

If I were you, make sure your GPU fans are spinning. This could indicate if the GPU is getting power or not.
Also, check if you are plugging your display cables into the GPU and NOT the Motherboard.
Just general advice I have, coming from a beginner.

Let me know if something happens!

May 22, 2020
Thanks so much for your reply!

Unfortunately that didn't work for me :(
I've reset my CPU (just incase) and double checked the stand offs are positioned correctly but still experiencing the same error.

May 22, 2020
Okay bios updated and I'm still getting this error.

Yes! So when I first turn it on the CPU LED flashes maybe 3 times then the VGA LED lights up for a second and then stays on the BOOT LED

May 22, 2020
Okay bios updated and I'm still getting this error.

Yes! So when I first turn it on the CPU LED flashes maybe 3 times then the VGA LED lights up for a second and then stays on the BOOT LED

Just a quick update! I swapped the PCIe cable to the gpu and now when powering up the CPU light lights up, then the VGA, followed by the BOOT LED. Each for a second and then they all turn off but still no display :(

May 26, 2020
So normally it is a good sign when all leds turn off. Because then your system detected everything correctly.
Like LordVile said: you have to give your system some time for the first boot up. It may restart several times to intialize everything.
So my suggestion: If all leds are off and your cables are plugged in correctly, let it sit some minutes and wait for the screen to turn on.

May 26, 2020
Ehm yes 15 minutes should be enough.
So all leds are off right now?
And you connected all your cables right? Especially power cables like cpu power and gpu.

Umb

Aug 26, 2019
do u have a cpu with gpu integrated? can u post it without your pcie gpu and get into the bios?
maybe your computer is starting with the internal gpu working as main.

May 12, 2020
When the EZ-Dubug LED turns off, it means the POST is finished. But there's no display. Did you try with a different port on the VGA card? Try with DP and HDMI to see if something wrong with DP or HDMI.

May 22, 2020
Alright guys I got super frustrated with it all and decided to take it into the repairer. They didn't know the issue as all they did was pull it apart and popped it back together.

I've just brought it home and I'm still not seeing a display? I must be doing something really simple very wrong :( The HDMI cable is hooked into the GPU and my monitor is set to HDMI. I made sure to hit delete many times in the hope to reach bios but still nothing. The monitor I have is the Acer Aspire ED322QA and they gave it to me right of the rack of the store because it was the last one, so I don't have a manual for it. I have been using the monitor for weeks now with my old macbook so I'm still not sure if its the monitor.

Could it possibly be the fact that it hasn't got any drivers yet to be able to read the graphics card?

May 22, 2020
Okay

Could it possibly be the fact that it hasn't got any drivers yet to be able to read the graphics card?
Okay it's 100% the monitor! I borrowed a tv screen and it's working fine haha. So if anyone else has this issue it was the dodgy display monitor

Solution
May 26, 2020

In my opinion it cant be a driver problem. You could pop out the graphics card and then try to start it. Normally one of the EZ Debug LEDs should turn on. Just try to replicate that.