[SOLVED] New PC build won't power on, Asus prime H310M-A motherboard

Jan 5, 2021
Just added new components to my pc, but there's only light on the ethernet area of the motherboard when booting up. I've checked all the cables for power 24/4pin and made sure they are snug, I even tested 2 other power supplies I own. I pulled everything off the motherboard and did a test outside the case, as well as in the case. any help would be appreciated, I'm thinking it's a faulty motherboard, but not sure...

I7 9700k CPU
1050ti GPU
2x Vengeance 8GB ram
Asus prime H310M-A motherboard
Evo 970 250GB SSD
600w power supply

Got it running!! one of the f_panel connectors wasn't in the right slot!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What are the new components and what are the old components? Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Why did you pick a K suffix processor for a board that won't allow you to overclock? The same will happen for your rams as well. What sort of aftermarket cooler are you working with in the build listed above?

Dec 16, 2020
Are you jumper wires all set corrrectly on the motherboard?

My first ever build i was convinced it was broke as it would not power on. My uncle had a quick look and the problem was the jumpers set wrong.

Jan 5, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What are the new components and what are the old components? Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Why did you pick a K suffix processor for a board that won't allow you to overclock? The same will happen for your rams as well. What sort of aftermarket cooler are you working with in the build listed above?
everything is new besides my gpu, the psu make and model is an LEPA mx f1 600w. I really only play csgo and other non-demanding games. Cooler is a coolermaster 212 black edition