My build:

• PSU : Seasonic Focus Plus Gold - 750W
  • CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • MOBO : MSI B450 TOMAHAWK - AMD B450
  • RAM : HyperX Predator RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200
  • GPU : MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G, 8GB GDDR6
  • CPU cooler : SilentiumPC Spartan 3 PRO HE1024
Hey guys, I am desperate :(

So basicaly after my Gpu died lately a decided to treat myself with a new build.
All components are new, except SSD, HDD and case.

I've done all what I thought was necessary.

But when I press power button, only thing that happens is that the fans start spinning for like 0,3second, but after that they stop and nothing happens. If I press power button again, fans wont start spinning at all. If i plug the power cable out of PSU and plug it in again, same thing with fans happens again after pressing power button, but nothing else.

I tried to turn it on without GPU. Didnt work.

Please, any tips?

Also,regarding the PowerSW cables:

- how do I know, which "hole" on cable is + and which is - ?

What would happen, if I I messed it up and connected them wrong? Would that damage my build?

On the PowerSW cable in my case, there are no marks for + and -, just some small "arrow" or more like a small triangle at one hole. Does that mean + or -?

Using the mobo manual I can tell which pin is + and - . Do I pair +(pin on mobo) with +(hole on cable) Or + with -?

Regarding Pcie cable from PSU to GPU - my GPU need 8pin + 6pin. Is it okay to use ONE branch which has two 6+2pin connectors? Or do i need to use TWO cable branches, one for 8pin and other for 6pin?

Iam from Europe so I am off to bed now, will report in like 8hours or so.

Thanks in advance yall!

Last edited by a moderator:

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
You can keep the game, but try this...
take the board out of the case and set it on something insulated (like the box it came in). Connect just the CPU/cooler, PSU, one stick RAM (in slot specified in the manual for running a single stick), gfx card, and monitor.
Start the system by momentarily shorting the two pins that the case's power button would connect to. Use the tip of a screwdriver for instance. See if the system starts, keeps running, and produces a display.

Serinox

Reputable
Jun 23, 2017
Don't need the game either.

Did you connect the cpu power cable? Talking about cables, yes it is advised to use two pci-e power cables so the load can be spread.
Regarding the sw cable the triangle should be the +.

May 1, 2019
You can keep the game, but try this...
take the board out of the case and set it on something insulated (like the box it came in). Connect just the CPU/cooler, PSU, one stick RAM (in slot specified in the manual for running a single stick), gfx card, and monitor.
Start the system by momentarily shorting the two pins that the case's power button would connect to. Use the tip of a screwdriver for instance. See if the system starts, keeps running, and produces a display.

Hey, thanks for reply. I have a question. The 24 pin cable (PSU to MOBO) has and cord end with 18pin + 10pin . Do I have to plug BOTH of these into PSU? There is a corresponding connector on PSU (18+10).

View: https://imgur.com/a/OYcd26f

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I would say Yes. The faceplate on the PSU end where the cables plug in, shows those two side-by-side headers labeled "MB" between the two "└ ┘" symbols. That means those two connectors are apparently both needed. At any rate, it won't hurt to do it.