Mar 18, 2019
Good afternoon! I built a new PC just recently and after assembling all of my parts, plugging it all in, I tested it. A small red light at the bottom right corner of my mobo was on, but nothing else was working. Fans did not turn on, just that solitary red light. I tweaked a few wires and I tried again, I was able to get one little sputter of life - the cpu fan spun once and it seemed like it would try to post, but then it all shut down. Since then, I have neither been able to get the fans to spin, nor is the previously mentioned red light on. Now instead all I get are flashing lights on my mobo, up by the cpu and just beneath the ram. These flash a yellow/orange color - but it still will not power on even the slightest. I’ve built before successfully but this is the first time I have encountered such a problem.

After consulting the manual, there’s nothing mentioned as to what color means what, or how to fix it. I’m running an AORUS z390 ultra mobo, my cpu is intel i7-8700, ram is G skills tridentz ddr4, gpu is founders edition NVIDIA GeForce rtx 2080, psu is EVGA 850 superNova, SSD is crucial mx500 1tb. Friend of mine helped me pick the parts, and I’m hoping against hope that it’s a compatibility issue (none came up when checking) or something simple and silly I’m overthinking. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Mar 18, 2019
I should add that I had also taken out parts piece by piece and tested if it would run, and after stripping it down to nothing but the cpu and mobo I’m still having the issue.