Question New PC Build

Jan 16, 2023
Hey Guys,

Hope all is well.

I recently built my new personal rig and I am encountering an issue. The PC is currently posting but after a minute or so the PC will turn off. The process goes like this. The PC will turn on, after a couple of seconds the CPU Fans from the AIO will increase speed to max and then the PC will shut down. If i try to turn the PC on again, the process would repeat itself but it will take a couple of seconds instead of more than a minute as in the first boot. I haven't been able to access the BIOS yet. I have already tried the following troubleshooting:

1. Tested the PSU and power Cables with PSU tester.
  2. Re applied termal paste.
  3. Attached Motherboard speaker. (Only Beep's Once)
  4. Disconnected the Case Reset cable from Motherboard.

System Specificatios:
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-core, 24-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
  • GIGABYTE B550 Vision D-P (AM4/ AMD/ B550/ ATX/Dual M.2/ SATA 6Gb/s/USB 3.2 Type-C/Thunderbolt 3/ WiFi 6/ Dual 2.5GbE LAN/PCIe 4.0/ Motherboard)
  • 4x Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 1.35V Desktop Memory - White (CMH32GX4M2D3600C18W)
-WD_BLACK 2TB SN850 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, 3D NAND, Up to 7,000 MB/s - WDS200T1X0E
  • EVGA Supernova 1000 G+, 80 Plus Gold 1000W
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti XC3 ULTRA GAMING, 12G-P5-3955-KR, 12GB GDDR6X, iCX3 Cooling, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate
  • Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix Liquid CPU Cooler - White

Thanks in advance!

toooooot

Prominent
Aug 2, 2022
1.Does it do it when you only have a minimal amount of things connected to it? I mean no fans, no usb/cables/connectors, just motherboard with ram and CPU+ keyboard?
  1. For one thing you can try to exclude ram as a problem, plug in only one stick of ram and start pc. Then do it with another stick if the problem keeps persisting, you can also try to troubleshoot motherboard by booting with one stick in different ram slots.
  2. Remove bios battery, disconnect power cord, press and keep PC power button for few seconds. When you restart the system again, be sure to boot with system optimized default.

P.S, I am playing with a new PC on z690 right now. After It crashed due to overclocking GPU, The system sometimes could not even boot into bios or Windows. I fixed it by keeping it off the power for a minute while doing what I desribed above. What I am saying is there are lots of weird issues, each giving a wide range of outcomes. Boot with minimum devices and cables connected, test ram, reset bios. Something has to work.
SOmewhere after these steps you should use your old PC to test some of the components. For example, plugging the new PC to your old PSU. If you can narrow it down to one or two parts, you might wanna decide to return them.

TRENDING THREADS