Motherboard: MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus
CPU: Intel i7-10700K
CPU Cooler: EK-AIO Basic 240
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32 Gb (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 CL15
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB
GPU: XFX-Speedster Qick 308 AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT 8 GB
Power: EVGA SuperNova GA 1000 W G6

When downloading the necessary drivers to my PC, upon restarting for them to be applied I received a warning the CPU was starting to get overheated. This could not have been more than 10 minutes 15 max. Now whenever I turn on the PC I can get on for about 30 seconds then I receive the Message," Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. " or "A problem has been detected, and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. " with Whea Uncorrectable Error being cited. Upon restarting the I get a warning message stating CPU is overheating no more than 60 seconds after having been booted up initially. I have two fans directly above as intake and 1 on the front, and 1 exhaust in the back. The AIO Fans are plugged into CPU Fan on the motherboard and the others are on Sys Fan. Each fan works and the CPU will still overheat despite also having the side-panel open. I have reapplied thermal paste and made sure of good contact.

I have considered and attempted to format the drives to try and remove the drivers in case those are the issue, but I am not able to complete a format or manual removal of an program before being blue screened. I also did this in the hopes the issue was software and starting fresh would solve it. I do not have any data on drive that personally need to be saved.

When i carefully touch the device sitting on the CPU, It is cool and barely warm. Only becoming so after the PC shuts off, and it is barely noticeable. I have noticed the tubes running from the device are cool as well and I have not noticed a change in temperature. My assumption is the pump is broken or something similar, but I have yet to change it as this was only completed yesterday.

The CPU tempt in BIOS when I checked hit 80 but Motherboard was 30, idle.

Also of note, I did have the components for a couple of months due to the shortage of graphics cards preventing me. However the Hardware never left the packaging and the Case was dusted and cleaned prior to assembly.

Thank you for your time for reading this and any assistance. I recognize CPU is have been addressed many many times, but I appreciate the time given to looking at this one.

I just pray its not the CPU or the Motherboard.

KyaraM

Admirable
Did you connect the pump as well? It should be connected to its own header on the MB iirc. The way you describe it, it sounds like the pump isn't working for any one reason, and you didn't mention connecting it to the MB for power. Did you try to check temps via a 3rd party tool such as HWInfo? That can tell you if there is an actual overheating issue.

Mar 22, 2022
Did you connect the pump as well? It should be connected to its own header on the MB iirc. The way you describe it, it sounds like the pump isn't working for any one reason, and you didn't mention connecting it to the MB for power. Did you try to check temps via a 3rd party tool such as HWInfo? That can tell you if there is an actual overheating issue.
I have connected the pump, its header is Pump_Fan. Unless if I am woefully mistaken and the pump should be connected to another socket such as . It is a 4-Pin PWM Connector.

I have not been able to use a 3rd party tool, because by the time I get the PC booted and on the desktop, I have maybe 15-20 seconds until I get the BSoD, a restart, the CPU overheating warning, possibly another BSoD with the same error message, and then a forced shutoff.