Question New PC build's USB ports not working

Aug 16, 2020
I have a ASUS H110M-E Motherboard, an i5 processor which I unfortunately cannot remember which exact model of.
GTX 1050 and 16GB of DDR4 RAM

I just finished building my PC, it powered up nicely, so I plugged the DisplayPort cable from my monitor into the GPU. I then plugged in my mouse and keyboard, however nothing is happening. I am able to confirm that the GPU does in fact work, as I used it in my old PC.
My mobo is emitting orange lights from out the back, however I am not sure if this is a weird aesthetic option from ASUS or if it means something bad is happening (couldn't find anything in the manual or online about what it means)

My monitor also works with other devices.

a lot for you to read but i hope it helps.

First with regards to the orange pulsing lights , if you keep your pc plugged in all the time you will notice the strip of lights pulse even when your pc is turned off. When i had a custom built pc made 4 years ago i googled the light mystery. Most mobos now take power from the main even when turned off , this means you can plug a phone or tablet into the usb sockets and they will charge up something even with pc turned off.

USB PROBLEM ..... the following might not work but as things stand you got nothing too loose.
With the pc turned off check that the usb sockets are connected to the correct part of the mobo.
Next start up the pc with the mouse and keyboard NOT plugged in... Before you get to the desktop you should get a message to say keyboard and mouse not detetcted. When at the desktop wait a few minutes for windows to sort itself out. Then plug in the mouse and keyboard and wait ... after a minute or so you should get a pop up to say if windows found them. If you manage to get only the mouse working you should be able to navigate through system settings and find device manager...... look and see if usb or anything has yellow trianges on them , if yes then right and choose uninstall drivers..... when you restart pc windows will reload its own generic drivers.

Aug 16, 2020
a lot for you to read but i hope it helps.

First with regards to the orange pulsing lights , if you keep your pc plugged in all the time you will notice the strip of lights pulse even when your pc is turned off. When i had a custom built pc made 4 years ago i googled the light mystery. Most mobos now take power from the main even when turned off , this means you can plug a phone or tablet into the usb sockets and they will charge up something even with pc turned off.

USB PROBLEM ..... the following might not work but as things stand you got nothing too loose.
With the pc turned off check that the usb sockets are connected to the correct part of the mobo.
Next start up the pc with the mouse and keyboard NOT plugged in... Before you get to the desktop you should get a message to say keyboard and mouse not detetcted. When at the desktop wait a few minutes for windows to sort itself out. Then plug in the mouse and keyboard and wait ... after a minute or so you should get a pop up to say if windows found them. If you manage to get only the mouse working you should be able to navigate through system settings and find device manager...... look and see if usb or anything has yellow trianges on them , if yes then right and choose uninstall drivers..... when you restart pc windows will reload its own generic drivers.
I think it is the GPU that isn't getting recognised. Before I connect the DisplayPort cable into the GPU, the monitor displays the "Nothing detected, shutting off in 5 min..." etc
But when I do plug in the DP to the GPU, it changes to "Power save mode", meaning that it is recognising it is there, but the mobo doesn't seem to be doing the same. Because it's a 1050, it doesn't need any connector cables, and it seems to be connected well into the mobo. Any fixes?