[SOLVED] New pc built and no signal to monitor. Please help me!!

Aug 28, 2020
So in July, I made my first pc build. But when I got all the parts I got no signal on my monitor I replaced the GPU, MObo, and currently waiting on new ram which is from the QVL. I also got no beeps from the speaker.
Everything turns on.
The GPU lights and fans turn on
The case fans LED and fans turn on
The motherboard light turns on
The CPU fan turns on.
The PSU fan also turns on
I still get no signal. I also got a display port cable to check if it was the HDMI and still no signal. I used a different monitor and nothing.
I want to ask if it's possible for the CPU to be the reason why I can't get a signal since I got no beeps. The HDMI cable is also connected to the GPU.
I'm really desperate for help!!
My specs are:

Ryzen 5 2600 -CPU
Asus prime b450m-a/csm -MObo
XFX Radeon RX 570 RS XXX Edition 1286MHz -GPU
Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 80+ Gold 600W -PSU
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15) -RAM

Solution
Your motherboard manual should have instructions for resetting the CMOS it's simple and it' be nice if that were the problem. A PSU tester should be able to test all the cables and the PSU. Then it's likely down to the motherboard.

Last would be bench testing the motherboard. It could be a screw touching the motherboard making a short or bad contact with the case because the standoff screws or anything... Take off everything but the CPU from the motherboard and examine the motherboard of leaking capacitors, scratches, or anything that looks unusually from the rest of the board. Make sure there's no thermal compound around the CPU and that the CPU cooler isn't touching anything but the plastic of the motherboard with metal. Put the...

msimsin

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2013
When you turn it on it doesn't use the CPU just the Motherboard chipset. You should be getting something on you display at that point independent of a faulty CPU.

Are you sure you have the monitor switched to the right input?

msimsin

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2013
So far as hardware Motherboard and Graphics card and maybe the PSU cable to the Graphics card are the only possibilities that I can think of... First are you sure that you have the graphics card snapped all the way in, and is it connect properly to the PSU?

msimsin

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2013
Maybe try using all the different outputs on the Graphics card...

Check your motherboard manual and see what keyboard key is used to enter the BIOS menu restart the computer and press that key several times for 10-20 seconds so we know the monitors getting a feed. then turn the monitor on and off and switch it to the right input.

The graphics card might come with a manual that has some trouble shooting..

Aug 28, 2020
I tried them and still no signal
This may sound weird but I had a very similar issue and my computer worked while connected to a TV. Then I was able to go into resolution/display settings and mess around with it until my monitor got a signal. I'm not at ALL knowledgeable with computers but I hope this helps!

msimsin

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2013
Well if you happen to have a different graphics card like from an older computer or something I'd try that.

Is the graphics card a 6 and 8 pin? maybe try switching those out with a different set if your PSU has one...

Short of that I'd call the monitor make and ask them for help I'd imagine that's what the problem is here. Some funky thing like what Connor's saying and maybe they have some idea of what to do if you can't get a TV to work like he suggested.

Aug 28, 2020
So I got someone ram and tested my CPU on his computer and my CPU works. When I tested on my build I still got no signal. I decided to remove the M.2 that I had installed and it POST. Though my hope was very short-lived when I decided to connect my HDD and it no longer POST or signals appear. Yes, I did remove it to test it again and nothing appeared again. I did some more testing but one time my fans didn't turn on.
May I ask if it's my PSU that doesn't have enough watts?
It's a 600w PSU.

msimsin

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2013
Well even at full load 600w should be fine for an 570rx and a 2600, (Unless you've got a lot of extra stuff.) assuming that there's nothing wrong with the PSU.

Only showing POST when the HDD or SSD are unconnected... was the HDD connect right? Do you have a SATA power in as well? some times there's several on a line maybe use the one closest to the PSU? If that's good then the motherboard, the PSU, or a PSU cable. Either one of these are faulty or they're not connected right. I'd thoroughly check to make sure everything's connected right like take all the PSU connections off and reconnect them then read the motherboard manual and see if it doesn't have some funky demand like an extra 8pin or something.

----

If we're assuming one of your pieces of hardware's faulty the most definite way to find out which piece it is would be to switch out each part with your buddy's PC.

Take all the parts in your build and put everything you got except your motherboard on to his motherboard. If it doesn't post then take off one of you parts from his motherboard and put his respective part on till you can post. Then put all the other parts back on and repeat till you can post with the fewest number of his parts.

Once you've got that done put everything from his computer on you motherboard and see if it posts.

If everything works without a problem you can stop worrying about your hardware. Then either you didn't plug things in right or something outside of my understand is happening... If it were me at that point I just do trial and error of random things.

---

If he doesn't mind you bugging him a bunch of times you could also just try taking your PSU over and testing that. Doing the above just means you can stop spending time second guessing your hardware and at a certain point he might get a little annoyed if you check a part a day.

Aug 28, 2020
I have a 2tb HDD, one 500gb m.2 and 480 ssd as well. Though I am unable to go check with his other parts because of reasons.
I was told reset the cmos but I also have a tester that I can get.

msimsin

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2013
Your motherboard manual should have instructions for resetting the CMOS it's simple and it' be nice if that were the problem. A PSU tester should be able to test all the cables and the PSU. Then it's likely down to the motherboard.

Last would be bench testing the motherboard. It could be a screw touching the motherboard making a short or bad contact with the case because the standoff screws or anything... Take off everything but the CPU from the motherboard and examine the motherboard of leaking capacitors, scratches, or anything that looks unusually from the rest of the board. Make sure there's no thermal compound around the CPU and that the CPU cooler isn't touching anything but the plastic of the motherboard with metal. Put the motherboard on a piece of thick cardboard and read the motherboard manual with a painstaking caution go through each page do what it says and check afterwards. Plug in the GPU, RAM, and the PSU to everything. Should get POST like before. Then plug in the HDD or SSD. If it fails... The best thing to do would be use a separate PSU if you can't use the tester. If it fails the bench and the PSU and cables are good then the motherboard likely needs to be replaced.

Solution

msimsin

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2013
Check these actually:

Aug 28, 2020
Thank you again I'll try this out. Today I did test my PSU with the paperclip and multimeter and all the volts were correct. I have a buddy of mines that can come over in two days. Since we have the same build we can start testing but I'll try this out before he comes over.

Aug 28, 2020
My buddy came over and we were testing the parts. And when we took off the motherboard there was a standoff that was touching the embedded circuit of the motherboard. We fixed that standoff and both of build POST.