Question New pc built and nothing displays

Aug 6, 2020
So I just built a pc for the first time and when I turn on the power supply nothing displays. My mobo has an EZ debug LED which lights up on the cpu option which tells me that there was a problem with the CPU . I’ve replaced my cpu and I’m currently waiting for it to arrive. Now as I’m sitting here I’m thinking maybe there’s a problem with the mobo itself (msi B450M PRO-VDH MAX). The reason I’m thinking this is because I took out the gpu and the EZ debug light does not light up on the vga option like I assume it’s supposed to, however, the fans and power switch which are connected to the mobo work so like I really don’t know anymore... any help is appreciated

Weirdly enough, removing the GPU doesn't necessarily make the motherboard light the GPU debug LED. It may be coming from somewhere else.

Does the CPU fan turn on? Does the case fans turn on? Does the GPU fan turn on when you power it up?

You are running a B450 motherboard with a Ryzen 3000 CPU. Have you made sure that the BIOS on the B450 is up to date? Because by default, it does not support Ryzen 3000.

Last edited: