[SOLVED] New PC built. Every time I boot, the screen freezes after 30secs-2mins. I’m out of options, please help

Sep 8, 2019
I apologize beforehand since I’m not too experienced with the pc world yet. I recently built my first pc. After many hours of acquiring knowledge and overcoming problems, I was finally ready to boot. I’m using 2 SSD’s (500gb 970 EVO PLUS and a 256gb intenso) and one hhd (3TB)

My basic Specs:

Intel i7 9700k
Corsair H100i Platinum cooler
Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi Z390 Motherboard
Geforce GTX 1660Ti
Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM
Toughpower Grand 750W Power Supply

Windows 10 is not yet installed on the pc.

So, I boot my pc and after configuring the BIOS settings, mind you BIOS works fine. I head over to select a boot drive for the Windows 10 installation. I have a usb stick to use which has windows copied on it through Rufus for the booting and installation on this pc

The trouble is, no matter what I do, after some time, usually a 2 minutes or so, my screen freezes completely. Be it on the blue screen, black screen, one moment screen, command prompt screen, getting ready screen, other loading screens. It is impossible for me to install windows and proceed at all. I also get freezes while the Aorus motherboard logo is loading.
I’ve tried so many things I can’t even remember them but I’ll try and list what I remember:

• checked RAM sticks and went through a configuration, no damage there
  • Uninstalled GPU, no difference
  • Tried through multiple ways to boot with safe mode (advanced settings and then command prompt), couldn’t even make it to desktop in time
  • Recovery system (sadly I have no previous version to go to for this to work)
  • bootrec.exe commands on command prompt
  • chkdsk on command prompt
  • dozens of on and off switches, restarts and settings configurations
  • Boot order configurations
  • BIOS configurations
  • Different booting devices
  • unplugging usb connected devices like mouse and keyboard

I’m at my wits end, I’ve searched the internet for hours but nothing seems to help. I highly doubt this is a motherboard problem since I just had it replaced for an earlier problem I can’t even bear to think of, but I guess it might be possible?
I had read somewhere that a person had replaced their cpu and that fixed it for them, but I can’t do that on a chance. I don’t even know if my problem is software or hardware. I’m also sorry if Windows 10 was the wrong place to post this to, I haven’t a clue where it would be better!

Does anyone have any suggestions, I would be very grateful to you. Thank you for taking the time

Solution
Some troubleshooting steps:

Your USB drive may not like a USB 3 connection on that motherboard for some reason. Plug into the USB 2 ports when installing.

Use the windows media creation tool from a working PC to get a bootable Windows install USB drive.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Unplug everything not needed for an initial install/setup. Run as barebones as possible. Only the intended system drive plugged in , no other drives, GPU pulled out and system running on the iGPU, one memory stick. Eliminate all variables possible

CMOS reset to get to a good known default state.

No overclocks. No XMP.

Do a custom install.. Wipe all partitions before creating your GPT partitions

Disable fast...
Sep 8, 2019
Temperatures are fairly normal, at around 30 degrees celsius
I’ve unplugged and even replaced a hard drive to see if that would make a difference, but alas no luck

Why don't you get some stand-alone software like system diagnostics or Linux. Seagate has a stand-alone tool called Seatools, and Western Digital has Data Lifeguard, both are free downloads. If you do a Google search for "stand alone PC diagnostics", you'll see a number of others as well. Personally I like Linux Mint which has a Windows-like user interface; it's a free download too.

Some troubleshooting steps:

Your USB drive may not like a USB 3 connection on that motherboard for some reason. Plug into the USB 2 ports when installing.

Use the windows media creation tool from a working PC to get a bootable Windows install USB drive.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Unplug everything not needed for an initial install/setup. Run as barebones as possible. Only the intended system drive plugged in , no other drives, GPU pulled out and system running on the iGPU, one memory stick. Eliminate all variables possible

CMOS reset to get to a good known default state.

No overclocks. No XMP.

Do a custom install.. Wipe all partitions before creating your GPT partitions

Disable fast boot options in BIOS. Let the hardware initialize fully on powering up, not just the I/O tasks.

Solution