[SOLVED] New PC built reboots every 2-3 days

obscured

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
My new build hard reboots every couple of days when gaming no BSOD.

I79700k
Asus 390 Gaming E with 0702 BIOS flashed
16GB 3000mhz Vengeance pro RGB (CMW16GX4M2C3000C15)
RTX 2080TI
Corsairs 1000 HXI

First off I had issues with my ram losing it's RGB profile settings until I updated the BIOS to 0702

I built the system 2 weeks ago and so far I have had 4 hard restarts ( I am fairly sure the PSU is ok as it was working correctly in my last build and is 1 year old.

Event viewer shows a critical error saying the pc did not shutdown cleanly

I ran Prime 95 for 1 hour max CPU temps were 70C

I ran MEM test from a bootable USB let it run for 12 hours and it passed.

I thought it might have been a loose cable so I reseated everything
with the machine powered on I gave all the cables a good waggle the machine did not cut out my 24pin has some latrale play?

I got the Ram and motherboard from amazon and still have until the 17th of Feb to return.
I am not sure what to do dose anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Solution
Just an update... I solved the issue back in Feb. My OC protection was tripping set the PSU to single rail mode ( to test) and that solved my power trouble, I then ran a 2nd power cable to my GPU ( was using one supplied with PSU that had 2 8pin connecters) and set the PSU back to multi rail and bam no more hard resets.

obscured

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Just an update... I solved the issue back in Feb. My OC protection was tripping set the PSU to single rail mode ( to test) and that solved my power trouble, I then ran a 2nd power cable to my GPU ( was using one supplied with PSU that had 2 8pin connecters) and set the PSU back to multi rail and bam no more hard resets.

Solution