[SOLVED] New Pc built won't boot. The only thing that lights up is the RAM

Dec 6, 2020
Please help :'(.
It is my very first built and I was so excited. It took me 5 months to save money for this and now I'm very worried.
When I turn on the PSU switch, my motherboard flashes in one second and then nothing. The only thing that "works" is my RAM because it only lights up.
I really want to know what is the main cause before I start to send components back to the store.
CPU- Ryzen 5 3600
CPU- Gtx 1660 TI
MOBO- Aeorus b450 pro wifi
Ram- Xpg DRAM 3200 HZ

Last edited:
Solution
Sorry! I wrote it wrong! It is a Ryzen 5 3600. I corrected already.
No problem. But again, unless the box said the motherboard is ''Ryzen 3000 ready'' you will still need to do the same procedure. Many of the B450 boards already have the BIOS installed for the 3rd gen cpu's but there are still many that dont. You need the BIOS 'F40' to run the 3600.
I believe your problem lies in the fact you do not have the correct BIOS for your motherboard to run the 5600. Your motherboard doesnt seem to have BIOS flashback so the only way I think you can update the BIOS is if you had a Ryzen 3000 cpu installed first, download the new BIOS for the 5000 cpu's then swap them over. I believe Ryzen has a programme where they will lend you a 3000 cpu in order for you to update it,(well,they did with the previous generation.) Failing that, you'll have to take it to a PC shop and see if they can do it for you.

Sorry! I wrote it wrong! It is a Ryzen 5 3600. I corrected already.
No problem. But again, unless the box said the motherboard is ''Ryzen 3000 ready'' you will still need to do the same procedure. Many of the B450 boards already have the BIOS installed for the 3rd gen cpu's but there are still many that dont. You need the BIOS 'F40' to run the 3600.

Reactions: MiguelSolanoV
Solution