Question New pc causes WiFi to cut out?

Dec 9, 2020
I just recently bought a gaming pc and whenever I connect it to my WiFi it cuts out within a couple of minutes. The WiFi runs fine on other devices when my pc isn’t connected but once it does the WiFi cuts out on all devices. I really need some help with this I feel like I’ve tried everything on my computer and I don’t even know where to start with how to fix my WiFi other than restarting the router. Any help is appreciated.

Ralston18

Titan
I suspect an IP address conflict.

First, on your gaming PC ensure that only the wireless network adapter is enabled and is configured for DHCP IP address. The wired network adapter should be disabled.

How many other wireless and wired devices are on your network?

Make and model router?

Have you set up any static IP addresses on your network or otherwise know if any static IP addresses are being used in your network?

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt., Post the results.

Also run "arp -a" and post the results.

The results of both "runs" will provide information to help troubleshoot the problem.

Do you have admin rights to your router? If not, who does? You may need help from that person.

Dec 9, 2020
Ok, I’ve disabled the wired adapter on my pc, no change. My computer has been set DHCP ip the whole time.

There are quite a few devices that run on the same network, the ones I can think of off of the top of my head are 3 iPhones, a smart tv, 1 laptop, and an Alexa. Not all of these are ever on at the same time however, for the most part it’s just the iPhones and the tv.

The router I have is a Linksys WRT54G although I will likely be upgrading in the next couple days because I think it might fix my issue and it is time for an upgrade anyways.

Not sure if I have any static ips on the network and if I do I’m not sure what devices they are.

I do not have admin access to my router at the moment but I could gain that access if need be.

Finally, I’m not sure about posting the results of the command prompts. I don’t want to leak anything. Any way I could pm you these or is it safe to post?