Question New PC components, running into an issue when ever the PC restarts the monitor will not proceed to display anything.

Dec 1, 2019
So, to put this into prospective, I've bought PC parts because my old PC fried so I bought these new components.

I7-9700K Intel CPU.
z390 MSI MPG Gaming Plus Motherboard.
Corsair Hydro 115i RGB Platinum.

Old components which I brought from the old build.

1080ti Nvidia Graphics Card.
650 Watts VS corsair.
8x2 DDR4 Corsair Vengeance.
2TB HHD.

The PC boots really slowly as well as does the issue which is stated in the threads title, when ever restart occurs the PC doesn't display on my monitors. I also got a blue screen which the ERROR was the following: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

When getting this I proceeded to see if anything online could help me, nothing seemed to work, I decided to wipe my HDD, to get rid of the driver issue, still no fix, I've tried reinstalling windows, but this is where I run into the restart issue.

I would like to find the solution to this also if anyone else has this issue in the future hopefully it can be resolved.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
650 Watts VS corsair.
I wouldn't be using a VS series PSU to power a hgih end gaming rig. They're Corsair's lowest/poorest model and made for entry level systems really and could potentially be causing an issue, when you say your last PC fried, what happened? I've seen VS series damage PCs previously.

The PC boots really slowly as well as does the issue which is stated in the threads title, when ever restart occurs the PC doesn't display on my monitors. I also got a blue screen which the ERROR was the following: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.
Initially this indicated to me you didn't clean reinstall windows, then you say you tried this afterwards. Does the BSOD occur as soon as the installation finishes and you boot?

Can you also link the dump files?

Dec 1, 2019
I wouldn't be using a VS series PSU to power a hgih end gaming rig. They're Corsair's lowest/poorest model and made for entry level systems really and could potentially be causing an issue, when you say your last PC fried, what happened? I've seen VS series damage PCs previously.

Initially this indicated to me you didn't clean reinstall windows, then you say you tried this afterwards. Does the BSOD occur as soon as the installation finishes and you boot?

Can you also link the dump files?

I'm not able to access the PC at all for the Dump files and it's not a BSOD.

If you believe that it's the power supply causing this, then it might be, my last PC fried due to overheating, which is why I got a better tower seeing that the case which was used was a prebuilt and not very good.

I'm currently on my laptop on this forum sorry I can't link files and stuff.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
and it's not a BSOD.
It was this below:
I also got a blue screen which the ERROR was the following: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Nothing to apologise for my friend, just want to help however I can :)

The VS series is Corsairs lowest quality PSU, for good reason, it's made for lower tiered systems that aren't inducing much load, thus why they are cheap. You get what you pay for with PSUs. If you are also ahving problems with the new build, it could indicate it was a previous part causing the issue.

Even if it ISN'T the PSU, i'd be upgrading it anyway IMO, so it wouldn't hurt. But the fact that you're saying it also randomly restarts is an indicator.

Are the RAM modules you purchased bought from exactly the same pack?

Dec 1, 2019
It was this below:

Nothing to apologise for my friend, just want to help however I can :)

The VS series is Corsairs lowest quality PSU, for good reason, it's made for lower tiered systems that aren't inducing much load, thus why they are cheap. You get what you pay for with PSUs. If you are also ahving problems with the new build, it could indicate it was a previous part causing the issue.

Even if it ISN'T the PSU, i'd be upgrading it anyway IMO, so it wouldn't hurt. But the fact that you're saying it also randomly restarts is an indicator.

Are the RAM modules you purchased bought from exactly the same pack?
The RAM modules are from the same pack, and it's not randomly restarting it's when ever I click restart it doesn't work, for example when ever I was doing the windows 10 installation when ever that finishes the PC needs to reboot and this is where the issue occurs. What power supply unit would you recommend ?

TRENDING THREADS