New PC Connected to Router through Ethernet but slow download speed.

Zaflash

Honorable
Jul 10, 2015
I have a B150 Gaming K4 motherboard in my brand new PC build, I connected my PC to the Internet with an Ethernet cable and downloaded the LAN driver from the disc included with my motherboard. I have slow internet (3mb per second) but things on my PC are downloading at 5kb per second! Do I need to install any more drivers? Or do anything else to get my PC Online?

Solution
Can we please have you full system's specs? Often times devices come shipped with drivers on their disc but it is only a means for you to get online to from which point onwards you can either download latter revisions of drivers or continue surfing the www. In hindsight often the server you're communicating to/with may have a scheduled maintenance run or there may b other drivers downloading to your machine(depending on what platform you're on).

You can rule out your ISP and ethernet port by running Speedtest. You might also want to download the latest ethernet drivers off of your product's support site.

Lutfij

Titan
Can we please have you full system's specs? Often times devices come shipped with drivers on their disc but it is only a means for you to get online to from which point onwards you can either download latter revisions of drivers or continue surfing the www. In hindsight often the server you're communicating to/with may have a scheduled maintenance run or there may b other drivers downloading to your machine(depending on what platform you're on).

You can rule out your ISP and ethernet port by running Speedtest. You might also want to download the latest ethernet drivers off of your product's support site.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS