[SOLVED] New PC constantly BSOD's and crashes continuously when launching games

sk33t

Prominent
Sep 2, 2019
Recently, I built a PC for someone else and that PC has been going through constant errors. First, when restarting it will frequently have error 0xc0000221, where it states " The operating system driver is missing or contains errors". As well as this, when randomly browsing or playing games the PC will BSOD and say either "fast eresource precondition violation" or "page fault in nonpaged area" . Also, if the computer isn't blue screening, it crashes in not just games, but also in apps such as discord. When it crashes, it provides no reason as to why and just closes. I have tried 3 clean installs, booted from safe mode, and reset the pc multiple times. I would really appreciate some help, this has been very infuriating.

specs:
GPU :Asus ROG Strix 5700xt
CPU: AMD 3800xt
MB: B550 Phantom Gaming 4
RAM: corsair vengeance pro 16gb (2x8) 3600MHZ
CASE:Corsair 275R Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case
Coolerdeepcool Gammax 240

Hard drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
SSD: WD blue 250gb SSD

PSU:
Seasonic S12III 650 SSR-650GB3 650W 80+ Bronze

Solution
0xc0000221 is a check sum error when reading a windows critical file.
ie, the original file is corrupted on disk or it is corrupted as it is read into memory.

if you can boot the machine at all you would try to run cmd.exe as an admin then run
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth

that will try to get a new copy of corrupted files from a trusted online source (microsoft)

then you have to figure out how the files got corrupted in the first place.
IE look at the original install source, check the install method IE, did you use a USB thumb install over a USB 3 port?
(some usb 3.x ports actually don't work correctly until you update the bios and motherboard usb 3.x drivers)
you can have bad blocks on your usb thumb...
Recently, I built a PC for someone else and that PC has been going through constant errors. First, when restarting it will frequently have error 0xc0000221, where it states " The operating system driver is missing or contains errors". As well as this, when randomly browsing or playing games the PC will BSOD and say either "fast eresource precondition violation" or "page fault in nonpaged area" . Also, if the computer isn't blue screening, it crashes in not just games, but also in apps such as discord. When it crashes, it provides no reason as to why and just closes. I have tried 3 clean installs, booted from safe mode, and reset the pc multiple times. I would really appreciate some help, this has been very infuriating.

specs:
GPU :Asus ROG Strix 5700xt
CPU: AMD 3800xt
MB: B550 Phantom Gaming 4
RAM: corsair vengeance pro 16gb (2x8) 3600MHZ
CASE:Corsair 275R Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case
Coolerdeepcool Gammax 240

Hard drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
SSD: WD blue 250gb SSD

PSU:
Seasonic S12III 650 SSR-650GB3 650W 80+ Bronze
I woukd take it you are installing os on the ssd no doubt, like all normal pc builders. Have you tried removing ssd fully and installing on just hdd see if you may have received a faulty ssd

0xc0000221 is a check sum error when reading a windows critical file.
ie, the original file is corrupted on disk or it is corrupted as it is read into memory.

if you can boot the machine at all you would try to run cmd.exe as an admin then run
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth

that will try to get a new copy of corrupted files from a trusted online source (microsoft)

then you have to figure out how the files got corrupted in the first place.
IE look at the original install source, check the install method IE, did you use a USB thumb install over a USB 3 port?
(some usb 3.x ports actually don't work correctly until you update the bios and motherboard usb 3.x drivers)
you can have bad blocks on your usb thumb drive, often these will not be detected since they are often quick formated rather than the full format which will mark out bad blocks. Also, it used to be that usb does not verify its bit copies unless you ran the command verify on
then the copy takes twice as long because of the verification process.
anyway, the dism command will fix bad copies and some malware attacks but you should still run a malware scan of the system and the installer
and run testing unti you find out why the system gets corrupted.

check cables, update bios, update CPU chipset drivers, update usb chip drivers, make sure you have not installed the drive on any special ports on your system. (some that are shared, or have special meaning)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS