Question New PC crashes after start-up ?

morse_25

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2011
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance for any help. I've got a new pc specs below. That keeps crashing after start-up. It occurs from doing anything such as watching a video online from anywhere, be it youtube or bbc sport. It also crashes when gaming too. What occurs during the crash is sound goes. Then the buffered video or game will freeze. Trying to force close programs in task manager doesn't work. Task manager opens but is not functional. When the pc crashes everything including the clock stops working. The only thing I can do each time to turn it off manually. Trying to shut down or restart does not work.

I have returned the pc once to where I got it and they tried repairs and to emulate the crash but we're unable to. This made me wonder if it's something my end. I have tried different power leads and wall sockets. Made sure that it is plugged directly into a wall socket and not a multi-socket.

Other things I have already tried, turning off C-state, changing XMP type on the RAM, run CHKDSK. I did boot once in safe mode with networking and was unable to emulate the crash.

If you think it's helpful I can provide a link to videos o the crash.

Here's the pc specs.

Ryzen 5 5600x
Asus ROG STRIX 240mm cooler.
16GB 3200MHz RAM Corsair vengeance RGB
1TB Adata XPG SX8200 Pro M.2
650W Corsair CX-F power supply.
MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 2X 8GB OC
NZXT H510i