Question New PC crashes every game to desktop with no error

14hhsf

Prominent
Oct 24, 2021
Hi guys, so I recently upgraded my build and installed the new windows 11, it's been two weeks since that happened and ever since than any type of game I try to play crashes to desktop without any error. Windows event viewer/reliability give different faulty modules for different games(for ex. - dota/cs:go give nvdum3.dll, bf5 give nvwgf2umx.dll).
I have tried almost everything, I do believe this could be a hardware issue at this point and I suspect it has something to do with the RAM since there were times were my browser pages would crash while loading a game and afterwards the game would crash as well. Just before I send it out to the PC shop I wanted to give it one last try and see if you guys could figure it out.

Things I've tried:
- Reinstalling windows
- Full GFX driver reinstalls (using DDU)
- Stress testing CPU/GPU/RAM - they all ran pretty fine
- Moving RAM slots
- Flashing BIOS to latest version
- And all sorts of other internet myths

PC specs:
- MSI MPG A750GF PSU
- Intel® Core™ i7-13700KF Processor w/ Arctic Freezer 34 eSports DUO
- Asrock z790 Steel Series WiFi (Mobo)
- 32GB 6000MT/s DDR5 CL32 DIMM (Kit of 2) FURY Renegade White XMP
- ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge
- Kingston NV2 250GB M.2 PCIe NVMe (SNV2S/250G) <- Windows11 here
- WD10EZEX-00RKKA08 <- Old 1TB 7200RPM HDD

I do want to note: nothing has ever been overclocked!

Last edited:

14hhsf

Prominent
Oct 24, 2021
What did you upgrade?How old is the psu?
Hi Garret,

What I switched was my old motherboard, CPU, RAMs and PSU. And my windows 11 used to be on a SSD drive with SATA but died due to EOL so I got the NVME one(which is the newest thing in this setup). Did they use to crash on the old SSD - yes, did they crash start from beginning like how it happens right now with CS:GO - no). PSU is less than a month old to be precise.