[SOLVED] New PC crashes if lightly tapped, saying CPU Overheated no matter what the temperature reads

Kennytillit226

Honorable
Jul 4, 2016
https://photos.app.goo.gl/DTbrYSews912BdSc9
- Specs from Purchase Order

I recently purchased a pre-built gaming pc and put 2k down, just getting it yesterday. It runs great, my only problem is with one issue it has.

No matter what the temperature is before doing so, (anywhere from 45-80 C), if I lightly tap the tower, the computer will completely crash and restart, citing that it crashed due to the CPU Overheating. When I say a light tap I think I can mostly compare it to like, patting someone on the back? Something like that.

My guess is that something in there is a little loose and when i tap it it moves a bit and screws up, but I'm not tapping nearly as hard as I imagine I would have to to shift something in there, loose or not.

I'm messaging here to see if maybe there's something I could do before contacting the place I got it from and more likely than not shipping it all the way back for repairs, since I have a warranty.

I put it in CPU instead of cooling because I don't think the issue is with the cooling, cause from what I can tell the temperature is consistent and normal, but something happens that the CPU reads overheating. The link above is a pic with the specs (it wouldn't let me just put in the one directly taken from my phone)

Solution
The problem with the Purchase Order you've parsed is that the make and models of the motherboard and the PSU are withheld using generic terms. If I were you, I'd power down the system, disconnect from the wall and display and inspect each (data and power)connection in the chassis/build to see if anything is loose or half plugged in.

I wish you didn't get an AIO in that build since 120mm isn't exactly a good size for an AIO cooler.

Moved thread to Systems section

Lutfij

Titan
The problem with the Purchase Order you've parsed is that the make and models of the motherboard and the PSU are withheld using generic terms. If I were you, I'd power down the system, disconnect from the wall and display and inspect each (data and power)connection in the chassis/build to see if anything is loose or half plugged in.

I wish you didn't get an AIO in that build since 120mm isn't exactly a good size for an AIO cooler.

Solution

Kennytillit226

Honorable
Jul 4, 2016

Hello again!!

Thanks for the info about the AIO Cooler, huh, I wasn't aware about that! I'll keep that if the want or need to replace it comes up.

Anyways, regarding the main issue, I carefully looked through and found something hadn't been fully plugged in, and after fixing that, at the moment, everything seems to be working just fine!! It hasn't been too long but I'll update in case something happens in the future! Thank you!

Reactions: helper800

TRENDING THREADS