[SOLVED] New PC crashes while playing

Oct 11, 2019
I recently built my first pc, i had a gaming laptop for 1.5 years and decided to upgrade to a pc. ive been having problems for about 2 weeks now and i cannot figure out if it is the hardware or the software
when i first built the pc it was running as it should be. one day it randomly started running a slower but it was still playable, i tried to fix it for a while and i did eventually by reseting the bios setting and rebooting, then the real problems started. games would start crashing after 10-20 min of play sometimes 30 mins if i was lucky and it was especially noticable in overwatch (the game i play most).

i would get into a match and about halfway through it, it would crash. i would restart the game and rejoin the match the it would crash everytime i try to load in. it was so fustrating, i did everything that i could to fix the crashing ( underclocking, overclocking etc..) i eventually got a blue screen of death saying that there was a problem with my system files. i ran the system file checker to see what was wrong and i cant remember what it was but i tried to fix it for hours and eventually decided to reset windows and reinstall it. it was working fine for a day then the crashing came back and i was so mad and here i am now writing this to try and get some help. please if you have any idea if its my hardware or if there is something wrong with windows can you tell me.

i cant play any games on my pc and its making me annoyed and i dont know what to do.

My specs:
Cpu: ryzen 5 2600 with stock cooler
Gpu: gigabye windfore oc RTX 2060
Mobo: aorus b450 elite
HDD: wd blue 1tb
SSD: wd green 250gb
Ram: corsair LPX 16 gb 3200mhz
Psu: thermaltake smart pro rgb 650watt
Case: NZXT h500

Have you updated the BIOS to the latest version? Installed the latest motherboard drivers from the official motherboard site? Before these, try removing your current GPU drivers using an app called display driver uninstaller and then install the latest divers from Nvidia's website.

Oct 11, 2019
Have you updated the BIOS to the latest version? Installed the latest motherboard drivers from the official motherboard site? Before these, try removing your current GPU drivers using an app called display driver uninstaller and then install the latest divers from Nvidia's website.

I have updated the bios to the latest version. installing the mobo drivers made no difference, i used ddu to uninstall the gpu drivers when i did it.

is using geforce experience different from downloading the drivers from the web bc i use geforce experience

Oct 11, 2019
No, they're the same thing.

Have you tried using a different monitor, cable and a different port on the GPU?

im pretty sure the problem has nothing to do with my monitor or my cable because they were pretty expensive and the games crash to the home screen, and i get the occasional bsod.

i only have 1 monitor rn so i cant try it on anything else.

the monitor works fine with my ps4 anyway.