Question New PC crashing because of GPU

Dec 10, 2020
I bought a brand new PC last weeks and after a couple days my PC would, after a couple minutes of playing games, just randomly black screen then restart itself. After a couple times of doing this it then blue screened with the code video scheduler internal error then back to the usual black screening. After a day or 2 I finally thought I found the problem which was that the GPU fans weren't coming on which I managed to fix but the problem persisted. The games this has happened to aren't graphically taxing and even rarely happens when just browsing on Microsoft Edge. I've updated the driver, Rolled it back and done a clean install multiple times using DDU but still no fix and also my Windows is also fully updated. Within the last few days, what's been happening is that, during startup my screen is very glitchy or a few seconds before I get the black screen, my screen would be filled with lines or artifacts and now this is happening during starting up my PC and sometimes during regular use. After a couple crashes, Windows automatically disables it which fills my screen with red pixels dotted all over the screen but it stops the crashes and they return as soon as I update the driver again.I've also used DISM and sfc /scannow and they've come back clean. I've ruled out overheating, virus and dirty fans/bad airflow. I contacted MSI but they would apparently need 3 weeks to check it but I use this for work so I really want to try to fix this as quick as possible. I'll be happy to try near enough anything and I'll respond to any questions as fast as I can.
My specs are:
Geforce RTX 1070
Motherboard - MSI Z370M MORTAR (MS-7B54)
RAM - 16GB DDR4
CPU - Intel Core i7-8700

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
Did you try moving card to another PCI express slots? My fans were not spinning as well(GPU fans) i fixed that by asus gpu tweak app(custom fan speeds) I think i moved my card to another pci express and checked the cables and it worked

Dec 10, 2020
Did you try moving card to another PCI express slots? My fans were not spinning as well(GPU fans) i fixed that by asus gpu tweak app(custom fan speeds) I think i moved my card to another pci express and checked the cables and it worked
Ok i've just tried that so i'll let you know how it goes but it hasn't glitched my screen like how it usually does by now so thats a positive.