[SOLVED] New PC crashing, BSOD ntoskrnl.exe 3f6f20 ?

Aug 4, 2021
Hi everybody, looking for some help here as my Windows 10 is bluescreening and I've never had this problem before.

I just had a new pc built by cyberpowerpc, it is nvme SSD, i9-11900k, 32GB Tridentz ram and RTX 3090. I installed Win 10 enterprise 21H1 Build 19043.1110. I installed all the drivers from the manufacture (Asus) website and let windows grab the few that were not included.

I read some other threads trying to help myself, so I was using blue screen reader https://ibb.co/1XHDY0K.

I feel like i'm not technical enough to read through this. I also am including my crash files from Minidump. If anybody can help that'd be greatly appreciated.

https://ufile.io/3p9gya51
Here is my crash dump files and the bios is also on the latest version from April 21.

Thanks,
Troon

Last edited:
Solution
Machine Check Exception could be a hardware problem, its one of the errors that can be either.

Where did you get Enterprise from? Is it a legal copy? if not, it may include software you don't know about. I would install a legit copy of win 10 and see if it still BSOD. I can't help you with a illegal copy, its against forum rules

If Cyberpower built PC, they might need to fix it.

What Power Supply did they put in it?
Have they attached 3090 using 2 different power cables from PSU?

I will ask a friend to convert dump files.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Machine Check Exception could be a hardware problem, its one of the errors that can be either.

Where did you get Enterprise from? Is it a legal copy? if not, it may include software you don't know about. I would install a legit copy of win 10 and see if it still BSOD. I can't help you with a illegal copy, its against forum rules

If Cyberpower built PC, they might need to fix it.

What Power Supply did they put in it?
Have they attached 3090 using 2 different power cables from PSU?

I will ask a friend to convert dump files.

Reactions: Troon North
Solution
Aug 4, 2021
Thanks for checking Colif. Yes it's a legal copy. I just put it on my personal machine because it gives me more control than the Windows Pro that was purchased with the pc.

Here's my parts list and yes, there are two power cables on the 3090.

• CARE1: CPU Thermal Compound - Our Cooler Master MASTERGEL High Performance Thermal Compound can improve cooling performance as well as prolong the life of your CPU. [+10]
  • CAS: LIAN LI PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Mid-Tower Dual chamber Gaming Case w/ USB 3.1 Type-C, Tempered glass on the front & side [+52] (White Color [+5])
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i9-11900KF 8/16 3.50GHz [Turbo 5.1GHz] 16MB Cache LGA1200 [w/o Integrated Graphic
  • CS_FAN: 3X 120mm Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+15] (Blue Color)
  • FAN: Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm ARGB Sync Edition high performance CPU waterblock Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate [+128]
  • HDD: 1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 7000/5000 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 1000/1000k [+154] (Dual Drive (1TB x 2 (2TB Capacity)) [+254])
  • MEMORY: 32GB (16GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory [+60] (GSKILL Trident Z RGB [+90])
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO Z590 ATX, ARGB, WiFi 6, Dual 2.5GbE LAN, 3 PCIe x16, 1 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 4x M.2 SATA/PCIe, 2x TB4 [+403]
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
  • POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - Enermax Revolution D.F. series 850Watts 80 Plus Gold Full-Modular w/ Twister Bearing Fan Power Supply [+16]
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • VIDEO: GeForce RTX™ 3090 24GB GDDR6X (Ampere) [VR Ready] [+1660] (Single Card)
https://ibb.co/Jcd8Jxy
https://ibb.co/gV2fvNh

One thing I noticed in the bios after a crash last night from gaming is the pch temp was 80c while everything else was normal. I read some forums that this is a fairly common problem. Right now it's been booted and I came straight to the forum and it's around 60c. Not sure if that is playing into this.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

perrynick17

Commendable
BANNED
Dec 30, 2018
PCH is the chipset component of your motherboard. It tends to run a bit hotter than processors, especially at idle. Anything above 80 Celsius is considered high for chipsets, and beyond 90 Celsius is considered critical

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/k1c2ef5t/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:080421-9296-01.dmp (Aug 4 2021 - 19:43:43)
Bugcheck:CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)
Probably caused by:Unknown_Image (Process: FlightSimulato)
Uptime:2 Day(s), 5 Hour(s), 16 Min(s), and 03 Sec(s)

File information:080421-5562-01.dmp (Aug 4 2021 - 19:44:34)
Probably caused by:Unknown_Image (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 25 Sec(s)

File information:080121-5203-01.dmp (Aug 1 2021 - 19:38:47)
Bugcheck:MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (9C)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: dwm.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 56 Min(s), and 15 Sec(s)

File information:080121-5156-01.dmp (Aug 1 2021 - 22:39:06)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 27 Min(s), and 54 Sec(s)
Comment: The GPU tweaking driver "iomap64.sys" was found on your system. (AI Suite or GPU Tweak 2)

Possible Motherboard page: https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xiii-hero-model/helpdesk
There is a BIOS update available for your system. You are using version 0707 and the latest is 1007. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
One thing I noticed in the bios after a crash last night from gaming is the pch temp was 80c while everything else was normal. I read some forums that this is a fairly common problem. Right now it's been booted and I came straight to the forum and it's around 60c. Not sure if that is playing into this.

Dear all,
After checking internally, the temperature of your PCH is normal.PCH can stand the heat up to 108C.
Eventhough the device is idling, the system is still running, so an amount of heat would still be generated and you still see certain temperature of your PCH.
Please don't worry. Thank you very much for your feedback.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...-Maximus-XIII-Hero-PCH-High-Temperature/page3

80C is fine
Clock Watchdog Timeout is a CPU error
Machine Check Exception happened while Windows Desktop Manager was running, its main job is to talk to GPU drivers.

I would run this on CPU - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Comment: The GPU tweaking driver "iomap64.sys" was found on your system. (AI Suite or GPU Tweak 2)
its also an Asus motherboard and that file could be part of AI Suite since its used to adjust hardware values

Maybe remove MSI Afterburner/gaming App

bios update to 0902 might help, it says it adds stability. Latest bios just enable tpm for win 11, not really needed yet

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xiii-hero-model/helpdesk_bios

Aug 4, 2021
Hey Colif,

Thanks for the help. Ran the intel CPU tool and it passed all the tests. I reimaged and just reinstalled everything. I'm on 1 gig fiber so it doesn't take long to install games/tools. Played a few games of league and seems okay. The computer runs so hot it heats up my office, but my last 5960x did as well when I had it running in oc. I'll let you know how it goes. The only difference this time is I didn't install the mobo drivers off asus website, i just let the armor crate tool install them and I'm using an older version of the gpu drivers that installed automatically, probably not as good as the latest and greatest but more stable. I'm installing fs 2020 now, it's 127gb and installs like wsus apps in an enterprise environment so it's pretty slow. If the computer doesn't crash while playing that, I will have narrowed it down to some kind of driver issue, and not an issue with the pc, which i'm happy about. Again cheers to you mate for helping out the community.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Water cooling is nice but it has its downsides. If you play games a long time it takes water long time to cool down again. So it might take a while to heat but it also takes a while to cool.

There is also the fun fact you have a 3090 exhausting heat into the intake for your CPU (radiator is exhaust in roof of case in that photo you showed) and that will increase temps of the CPU as well. Its common to put AIO rad in roof but in some cases its not ideal. Especially with a 3090

What temps does CPU get in games?

I seen people with that case put fans on base of case to assist gpu removing cool air. If I had made it, I would have put AIO as intake on side and put those 3 RGB fans as Exhausts in roof. that way AIO getting cool air from outside and GPU can still blow heat out roof without touching CPU at all.

Aug 4, 2021
Yeah the 3090 exhaust is at least sitting closer to the front of the case than the edge of the motherboard so it's at least not blowing directly on the motherboard. I used open hardware monitor and played a few games including fs2020 that was crashing it before and it's 100% stable.

I tried to get on the bios that came out a few days ago following the cap process but it sat for 10 minutes and wouldn't take. After giving this thing hell in ultimate performance mode gaming, here's my temps.

https://ibb.co/C7WxRD3

I guess the fix was to start from scratch (reimage) and just use all the recommended drivers from the armoury crate tool asus provides and not install them off there website. Either was that or the latest nvidia gpu drivers. I don't really need to overclock anything, I was getting 45 fps in fs2020 at 4k ultra settings which is amazing and I get like 450 fps in league of legends ultra settings. Time to install pubg and a few of other favs. It's the first computer i've had in a long time that I don't even have to mess with overclocking.