New PC crashing frequently. Gray screen and buzzing noise. Sometimes BSOD, sometimes black screen

newpcuser

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
Hello guys, New PC user here with somewhat little troubleshooting skills so any help is welcome. I've been encountering problems with my new PC. It sometimes get stuck at pure gray screen with a fan-like noise coming out from the speaker. Sometimes the gray becomes red. Also sometimes it gets stuck for a minute then goes directly to BSOD.

Also sometimes without crashing, my screen goes black for about 1 or 2 seconds then goes back to normal like nothing has happened.

I've downloaded GPU-Z and tested it. While playing Dota 2 and DC Universe Online @ max settings, my GPU is at full load and my GPU temp is in-between 50-65 deg C. Is this normal?

My PC specs are

Gigabyte Rx 480 g1 Gaming
Asrock B250M Pro4
I5 6500 (I know i should've bought 7500 but I was spacing out when I were buying components lol)
Seasonic S12II 520w
Corsair 2x4gb Ram
Dukase Casing
Seagate 1TB

Oh and I almost forgot, I am running windows 10 currently.

Solution
It was risk way back when you had to use floppy disk and DOS to update BIOS, but today it is safe and easy.
You can even do it through windows so you dont have to do anything, just run setup and let it do what it needs to do.
Maybe it is RX 480 fault. IF you can go and replace card for some other 480 model from ASUS or MSI or Sapphire.

newpcuser

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013

Hi. Thanks for replying. Is there any other way without updating the BIOS? Seems like updating it is quite risky and I lack experience and courage for that. Also I recently found a thread from amd https://community.amd.com/thread/205919. Could this be the answer? It is exactly what is happening to me (including the picture)

st3v30

Admirable
It was risk way back when you had to use floppy disk and DOS to update BIOS, but today it is safe and easy.
You can even do it through windows so you dont have to do anything, just run setup and let it do what it needs to do.
Maybe it is RX 480 fault. IF you can go and replace card for some other 480 model from ASUS or MSI or Sapphire.

Solution