Question New PC Custom Loop first time start black screen

Aug 3, 2022
Hi.
So there is something wrong with my water cooled PC. The screen doesnt turn on, the monitor has detected a signal but the blinking led on the monitor, (blinks when PC is turned off) never becomes constant (stop blinking and shine persistant when PC is turned on).It is as if the PC never turned on. I have two monitors, both was tested and working this same day. However, the monitors is DVI, and they where tested on a DVI graphics card. This new graphic card is HDMI and Display, but I have DVI to Display cables. Basically my old build run with some new parts while I built and planned the custom loop. So I was able to test the new graphic card with the converter cables and it worked, on the old PC.

There is a lot of things here, dont really know where to begin. Not really new to PC DIY project, but I have never built something from this generation, the intel alder lake 1700 socket.

Mobo Asus b660m d4 plus
Cpu intel i5-12600k
Gpu Evga RTX 3070 ultra FTW3
Gpu riser cable EKWB Pcie 3.0!
Gpu cooler EKWB Vector FTW3!
Psu Be Quiet Dark Power 3 1000w
Ram Team Group DDR 4 3200hz 16gb x4
M.2 disk corsair mp510 2t
M.2 disk Team Group cardea zero 2t

Because this is a water cooled PC its not easy to just unplug things. But i unplugged the ram, tested with just one at the second slot. I unplugged the graphics card and tried to use the intel CPU graphics, but nothing. I did reset the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery, but nothing. One of my m.2 disks is water cooled, maybe I will try to remove them next.

It is really frustrating to have this sort of problems with a fully loaded water cooling system dismantling becomes a costly endeavour and it is so much work.

I need to say, some parts in my build have been tested, the graphics card, but I have not tested it after I installed the water block. Also, I have not tested it with the riser cable and vertical mount.
The motherboard is new and has never been tested.

All the RGB works, and the mouse and keyboard blinks as if they are booting up.

If anyone have anything, advice or experience from something similar please let me know.

Lutfij

Titan
Did you try and work with the build atop a motherboard box, prior to assembling it with your watercooling loop? That ;s the first thing you do, before getting the plumbing and fluid added in. If it was working prior to going underwater, then it's probably one or more items in your build that might be over-torqued(has happened to people in the past).

We'll also need to know your watercooling loop's composition as well.

Aug 3, 2022
Hi, yea i did not boot up the mobo prior to installing the the water loop, simply because I did not have a fitting air cooler for the cpu.

The custom loop is a lian li o11 xl chassie with 3 radiators and a reservoir tower, not a distro plate. Its soft tubing, thats why I have been able to remove some things without draining the system.

So, do you think its the motherboard. Only thing I did was to install the cpu water block, these things dont usually become dead on arrival, so I dont know. Is there any smart way for me to test that?

Aug 3, 2022
Update,

It seems I have a case of the white VGA led error, as seems to often happen on asus motherboards. So I tested the system with an older gpu and it booted to BIOS without problems. I managed to alter the pcie lane from auto to gen 3 because I also use a riser cable that is gen3. But when I insert the rtx 3070 the white led return and the screen remain black, even after I inserted the 3070 without the riser.

Seems something might be wrong with the 3070, but I managed to insert it to an older system, an intel 1151 socketed computer, and it boots up fine, no problems.

So why dont the rtx 3070 work with my asus b660m-d4 plus?