Ryzen 5 7600X
be quiet! CPU Cooling Pure Rock 2 Black
Gigabyte B650M Gaming X AX 1.1 WIFI BT for AMD Zen4 AM5 DDR5
XPG LANCER DDR5 5200MHZ CL38 16GB
Crucial P3 1TB PCIe NVME 3.0 3D Nand Up To 3500MB/s
PALIT RTX3080 10GB GAMING PRO
FSP Hydro G PRO 1000W
CORSAIR 4000D AIR WHITE

I've formatted already, and reinstalled all drivers using the GCC app + windows update function.
fans are going 90% and up whenever I launch a game (MW II for example), and GPU temp goes to 80 Celsius-ish.
This is a brand new computer.
any idea what might be the problem?

Hey there,

What is the GCC app? Gigabyte Control Centre? Those types of apps, are more often a hindrance than a help.

You should just download the drivers directly from the driver support page for your mobo:

B650M GAMING X AX (rev. 1.x) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

What bios are you running on the mobo? This could be the issue? If you haven't updated the bios, do that, and make sure to clear CMOS once done. It could just be a bios bug.

The fans going 90%, do you mean the case fans, or GPU?

Jan 21, 2023
Hey there,

What is the GCC app? Gigabyte Control Centre? Those types of apps, are more often a hindrance than a help.

You should just download the drivers directly from the driver support page for your mobo:

B650M GAMING X AX (rev. 1.x) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

What bios are you running on the mobo? This could be the issue? If you haven't updated the bios, do that, and make sure to clear CMOS once done. It could just be a bios bug.

The fans going 90%, do you mean the case fans, or GPU?

I'll have to check which bios, I'm not sure.
I'll try installing the drivers directly from the motherboard's website.

I'm not sure which fans are blowing so hard, I'll get a monitoring app and tell you.

Thanks for the quick reply

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
I'll have to check which bios, I'm not sure.
I'll try installing the drivers directly from the motherboard's website.

I'm not sure which fans are blowing so hard, I'll get a monitoring app and tell you.

Thanks for the quick reply
Sure, thing. Get back to us and let us know.

On the GCC app. I'm sure it is providing you with the correct drivers (that's it's purpose among a few other things). However all of those type of apps, like Asus Armoury Crate, GCC app, MSI Centre can cause all sorts of issues. You are much better off downloading them correctly.

Reactions: Vic 40