[SOLVED] New PC freezes when I try to install windows 10..

ssuhayda19

Prominent
Aug 2, 2018
Okay, so I just built my new PC. It is the second time I have done this. I can get into bios just fine. Everything that I have installed is there. RAM, my M.2 ssd, CPU temps are stable. The gpu dp works. However, when I try to boot from a flash drive with the windows 10 boot downloaded on it I have been experiencing the same problem. The windows circle loading thingys pop up and spin for about 5 seconds then my PC freezes. Have to hold down the power button to turn it off. I tried taking out RAM and playing with slots. Same thing with the GPU PCIe slots. I'm just having a difficult time identifying the issue. I was hoping someone could help identify with me. SPECS
CPU: i5-9600k
MB: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z390 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 DirectX 12 8GB 256bit GDDR6
SSD: Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 3D2, QLC Internal Solid State Drive
PSU: EVGA GOLD 750
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200

vyrule

Commendable
Jun 26, 2017
I had this issue on a refurb build a while back, It was (weirdly) the GPU...

Most likely its something isn't seated right and I hate to be a pain in the rear, but first step is to take the build right back apart and also ensure the CPU is seated correctly, then retry.

Next most likely is the RAM, First stop, I would boot to MEMTest - It boots off of a USB, so you don't have to boot to windows, and it will test your RAM, also could you share some pics of your BIOS? could be something telling there...

I would recommend sending the RAM back and just trying some more as that's the most likely cause, amazon have replaced mine within a day before.