[SOLVED] New PC Gaming Case Opinions

berlin88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Out of the following case choices, which one would be the best for my new gaming machine?

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M SE Tempered Glass

Phanteks Eclipse P500A DRGB

Phanteks Eclipse P600S

Corsair Obsidian 500D

Antec Dark Fleet DF600 Flux RGB

none of the above (makes suggestions on a better choice)

Here is a partial list of the hardware I will have in my new PC. (once the CPU / video card are in stock again)

AMD 5800x CPU
Asus B550-F (either wifi or non wifi version)
32GB Corsair RGB memory sticks
EVGA GTX 3070 or AMD RX 6800 (whichever I can get when its in stock)
EVGA 650W PSU
SSD x1
SATA HDD x3

Some of the cases on my list come with RGB fans, but I already have Corsair LL RGB fans, so would use those instead of the default case fans.

Solution
P600S has some sound dampening, but I can't tell you how effective that is, since it depends on the individual.
If you're sensitive to certain frequencies(KH), it could be helpful. If not, it's going to do a whole lot of nothing.
That's probably the biggest difference between those 2.

Lancool 2 Mesh: Whether you love it or hate it, it's a top performer in the cooling department - but so are the first 3 chassis on your list.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The best at what exactly? Looks?
That one's purely subjective, and all on you.

Airflow? The first 3 look like they'd all be pretty similar.
The other 2 won't be as effective in that department.

Some of the cases on my list come with RGB fans, but I already have Corsair LL RGB fans, so would use those instead of the default case fans.
Well, as long as you don't toss 'em out... could come in handy later.

berlin88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
The best at what exactly? Looks?
That one's purely subjective, and all on you.

Airflow? The first 3 look like they'd all be pretty similar.
The other 2 won't be as effective in that department.

Well, as long as you don't toss 'em out... could come in handy later.

I have no plans to throw away the case fans, I will simply elect not to use them, as I previously invested in Corsair LL RGB fans.

Is there much of a difference (beyond the RGB) between the P600S and P500A D-RGB? The P500A seems to be getting good reviews, but it is out of stock, but the other cases on my list all seem to be in stock at Amazon or Newegg.

The Lian Li Lancool Mesh seems to get good reviews as well, but I am not a fan of side panel design on that case, where the bottom half folds down, and the window panel is merely the top half of the side panel.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
P600S has some sound dampening, but I can't tell you how effective that is, since it depends on the individual.
If you're sensitive to certain frequencies(KH), it could be helpful. If not, it's going to do a whole lot of nothing.
That's probably the biggest difference between those 2.

Lancool 2 Mesh: Whether you love it or hate it, it's a top performer in the cooling department - but so are the first 3 chassis on your list.

Solution

berlin88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
I was planning to go with the p500a drgb, but no one seems to have it in stock. I finally got my new amd 5800x CPU from the local micro center, but can't find anyone with the case in stock.

I am debating whether or not to pick a different case altogether, or just use my existing phanteks pro m se case until the p500a drgb is available. Any thoughts?

Any good case recommendations for micro center? Must have support for 3x HD and 1x ssd.

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
Was so sad no see 011D on list of good things. Those new mesh design case are real good almost buy one when build the new pc. Probably would have if I could have bought one. Much like many things just can't purchase because the no stock.

From list maybe Phanteks 500a 400a and thew new Lian Li meshy front are real nice. They making art in factories in taiwan. Would suggest maybe look for case you like worry about rgb after get case. Many of case come with a controller that does not play well with rgb softwares like icue. Just a suggest enjoy your parts hunting :)