[SOLVED] New PC getting BSOD's constantly

Nov 25, 2020
It happens afther using the pc for some time (30' or more). Windows is up-to-date, I have installed all the drivers, I have used memtest and sfc /scannow but I get that everything is correct,

my specs are

Windows 10 pro 64 19042
Amd ryzen 5 3500x
Mother Gibabyte A320M-H Rev 1.1 (bios f52)
GPU Geforce GTX 1650 SUPER
RAM HyperX 8 gb 3200 mhz
SSD: Gigabyte 120gb
HDD: 1tb
Power supply: Aureon 600w

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mbCX-3FIJkzxnP8zhlWKSPzWVSRWOsiF?usp=sharing

Solution
system bugchecked trying to do a Direct Memory Access request. the system called
nt!HalPutDmaAdapter

it is interesting since I looked at another dump today that looked like the same problem.
I think you had a different motherboard running a different game and a different set of suspect drivers.
BiosVersion = F52
BiosReleaseDate = 08/03/2020
SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
SystemProductName = A320M-H
SystemFamily = A320 MB
SystemVersion = Default string
SystemSKU = Default string
BaseBoardManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoardProduct = A320M-H-CF

[CPU Information]
~MHz = REG_DWORD 3593
Component Information = REG_BINARY 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Configuration Data =...
system bugchecked trying to do a Direct Memory Access request. the system called
nt!HalPutDmaAdapter

it is interesting since I looked at another dump today that looked like the same problem.
I think you had a different motherboard running a different game and a different set of suspect drivers.
BiosVersion = F52
SystemFamily = A320 MB

[CPU Information]
~MHz = REG_DWORD 3593
Configuration Data = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Identifier = REG_SZ AMD64 Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0
ProcessorNameString = REG_SZ AMD Ryzen 5 3500X 6-Core Processor
Update Status = REG_DWORD 1
VendorIdentifier = REG_SZ AuthenticAMD

I am going to see if I can find the other memory dump

nt!HalPutDmaAdapter

BiosVersion = F52
SystemFamily = A320 MB

[CPU Information]
~MHz = REG_DWORD 3593
Configuration Data = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Identifier = REG_SZ AMD64 Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0
ProcessorNameString = REG_SZ AMD Ryzen 5 3500X 6-Core Processor
Update Status = REG_DWORD 1
VendorIdentifier = REG_SZ AuthenticAMD

I am going to see if I can find the other memory dump
i found the other memory dump. both dumps show AMD CPUs with the same stepping (version of the cpu)
you could both be hitting a bug in the cpu. bugs in the CPU are worked around by machine a patch that is put into the BIOS and microsoft will also put a patch into a cpu specfic file they load when the system boots.
this the microsoft file:\SystemRoot\system32\mcupdate_AuthenticAMD.dll * Invalid
(i could not tell if the microsoft patch was applied since the debugger returned a error when I went to check the cpu microcode patch level)

both systems looked like they were one bios patch behind.

anyway, go to your motherboard vendors website and load the most current bios and download the chipset drivers from the motherboard vendors website reboot and see if you still get the same bugcheck. It could also be that microsoft pushed out a microcode patch to mcupdate_AuthenticAMD.dll but it also requires a BIOS update that microsoft can not apply and you would have to install.

really not sure how to debug this issue so I am making a best guess. most of the debugging would just show what the problem is not caused by.

both systems were running games, one with a nvidia gpu and the other with an AMD GPU.
another reason I suspected the CPU was both system were running the cpu at the same odd clock rate. (unexpected frequency which might mean a old BIOS version)

best guess at a fix is still the bios update , vendor chipset update and windows update

Solution