Question New PC gives black screen, staticy noise, reboots randomly during games.

Sep 3, 2020
Specs:

AMD RYZEN 5 3600 6-Core 3.6 GHz
GIGABYTE B450 AORUS ELITE AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard
GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5600 XT WINDFORCE OC 6G (Rev 2.0) Graphics Card

Corsair RM750 80+ Gold
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler
WD Blue 3D NAND 250GB Internal SSD
Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3750640AS 750GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive

G.Skill Ripjaws V series 16gb (2 x 8gb) 288-pin DDR4 3200 mhz
Two stock fans from my old pre-built and the cpu fan.

Hi, this is my first post on a forum so I don't really know where to categorize this topic in. A month ago, I decided to build a new pc in a mid-tower pre-built I had a while back. I scrapped everything inside for new parts. It's my first time building a pc and I was able to make it boot and everything was running smoothly I thought. Then when I started playing games like valorant, GTA V, or even Aim Labs, it would suddenly crash and making a loud staticy sound in my headphones and reboot like nothing ever happened. Temps don't go above 75 in Valorant, but it spikes up to 86 in GTA, which I think is normal for a graphically intense game like that.

I've installed the latest drivers for my mobo, graphics card, and mobo. I've reinstalled the graphics card driver with DDU. I got a new power supply (Corsair RM750) from my old EVGA 600 watt 80+ white, since I thought my PSU was too weak. I've checked online saying that the Radeon Adrenaline 2020 software was making it crash or something so installed the drivers without installing the software. My power saving status is on balanced, since I thought the CPU running at around 1.3 V on idle was causing the issue when in game. I've reapplied thermal paste again.

I already spent so much on parts and I spent even more now on a new PSU, so I'm just frustrated on why this isn't working. I have tried the Windows Memory Diagnostic test thinking it's the memory but I heard from other forums that memory failure typically results in BSOD. I haven't tried memtest yet. I don't know if I should. Just to add more info, got a 5 dollar Windows license from eBay since I've seen people do that on YouTube.

I haven't reinstalled Windows yet and I'm pretty sure it's not a software problem in this case. I don't think it's the PSU since I already switched it out to a much better one. The CPU and RAM are not overclocked. I'm a noob when it comes to building, so I can't really think of anything else at this point.

Also can a faulty motherboard still run games and run low workload tasks, even if it may be for like an hour?
Can anyone please help me? I would rather not go to a PC technician or something and my parents already have such a bad rep for this kind of stuff so any assistance would be great.

Edit:
I have tried plugging my PSU into the wall outlet instead of power strip, which had all the sockets plugged in, but the PC still shuts down. I've checked into Event Viewer and I get an Event ID 10016 error code, but I seem to always get that randomly, so it doesn't look like an issue. When my PC reboots I get a Kernel-Power Event 41 error code.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS