[SOLVED] New pc giving 3-4 bsods/day

nabminator

Commendable
Feb 8, 2020
So I bought new pc parts about 3 weeks ago, and they came 2 days ago. I built the pc and booted it, working fine, installed windows, downloaded some games, and then i played some csgo. After that, when i closed my game, it gave me the first bsod. I restared the pc and i thought it was just some one time error, and continued to play other games. Then, when my friend called me on discord and it gave me the second bsod, i started to think something is wrong. I begin to look up some things on google with my laptop, and found out both of these bsod errors were from memory based errors. I decided to boot the pc to test it, and after 30 minutes of playing, middle of a match, it crashed again with yet again different, but memory based error message.
When i looked in the bios, it doesn't say its running on dual channel ram, but it doesn't say that its running single channel either. It says there is 16gb of ram total. My dad is an expert on these things but he is with his friends on some cottage, and he is returning after 3 days. Only part that is kind of making me suspicious is the ssd:s that my dad bought used from someone he knows in real life. If someone could help me i will be thankful. Here are the pc:s parts listed:

-Asrock B450 Pro4
-Ryzen 5 2600
-Powercolor radeon rx 580
-Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 2x8 sticks
-USED 4x240gb ssd from hyperx
-Corsair cx 550w

Edit: i forgot to say it can still boot fine.

Last edited:
Solution
So I bought new pc parts about 3 weeks ago, and they came 2 days ago. I built the pc and booted it, working fine, installed windows, downloaded some games, and then i played some csgo. After that, when i closed my game, it gave me the first bsod. I restared the pc and i thought it was just some one time error, and continued to play other games. Then, when my friend called me on discord and it gave me the second bsod, i started to think something is wrong. I begin to look up some things on google with my laptop, and found out both of these bsod errors were from memory based errors. I decided to boot the pc to test it, and after 30 minutes of playing, middle of a match, it crashed again with yet again different, but memory based error...
So I bought new pc parts about 3 weeks ago, and they came 2 days ago. I built the pc and booted it, working fine, installed windows, downloaded some games, and then i played some csgo. After that, when i closed my game, it gave me the first bsod. I restared the pc and i thought it was just some one time error, and continued to play other games. Then, when my friend called me on discord and it gave me the second bsod, i started to think something is wrong. I begin to look up some things on google with my laptop, and found out both of these bsod errors were from memory based errors. I decided to boot the pc to test it, and after 30 minutes of playing, middle of a match, it crashed again with yet again different, but memory based error message.
When i looked in the bios, it doesn't say its running on dual channel ram, but it doesn't say that its running single channel either. It says there is 16gb of ram total. My dad is an expert on these things but he is with his friends on some cottage, and he is returning after 3 days. Only part that is kind of making me suspicious is the ssd:s that my dad bought used from someone he knows in real life. If someone could help me i will be thankful. Here are the pc:s parts listed:

-Asrock B450 Pro4
-Ryzen 5 2600
-Powercolor radeon rx 580
-Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 2x8 sticks
-USED 4x240gb ssd from hyperx
-Corsair cx 550w

Edit: i forgot to say it can still boot fine.
How are you setting your memory to 3200MT/s and does the bios say it's running at 1.35v? Download and install memtest86 to a USB drive. Boot to it with UEFI boot from your motherboard startup boot menu or by setting it as UEFI first boot in the bios hard drive and devices boot order. Make sure you have the memory still set to 3200 before testing. Memtest86 will automatically start a default 4 pass test when the system boots to the USB drive. If you get errors at 3200MT/s, stop the test and try manually dropping the speed to 2933/3000 and test again. If you still get errors, drop it again to 2133 with all voltage and timings set to automatic. If you still get errors at 2133, it means you have faulty memory and need to return it for a replacement. https://www.memtest86.com/

Solution
Recommended Memtest86 bootable USB drive. It should be running in dual channel. Did you install correctly based on slots recommended for 2 sticks in motherboard manual? I'd run tests at stock settings, as well as DOCP setting, which is XMP settings for timings/voltage when using Ryzen boards from ASUS and ASRock to see if errors occur.

nabminator

Commendable
Feb 8, 2020
Ok, so ill list few things here.
I ran through windows memory diagnostic first with both sticks, and it said you need to fix your pc, then ran with 1 stick with no errors, and the another stick, which during the scan said there is a problem, but didnt show the screen where it said you need to fix your pc.
I guess my another ram stick is broken or something?

Edit: I used my 2 rams at slots a2 and b2

Edit2: When i was writing this, there was a pop-up error/warning, which said tere is problems with memory.
I really think the another ram stick is broken.

Last edited:

nabminator

Commendable
Feb 8, 2020
Thank you, but i will not waste anymore time for that,because i know the problem is the another ram stick. Chrome or windows search bar doesnt even work when i boot with that stick only.
Thank you still for your help.
Problem solved.