[SOLVED] New PC has shut off twice in the last day at random, please help.

Jan 1, 2019
I have a custom pre built PC I got a few weeks ago and it has turned off and restarted itself twice in the last day. Both times have been while playing Rainbow Six Siege (not sure if that holds any correlation, just thought I should mention it).

Solution
personally, most surge protectors aren't that great at protecting your computer - i'd go with a good quality UPS that offers pure sine wave current - it'll protect your computer plus give it clean current.
Cyberpower makes some decent units,

here's what i went with - can be hand on amazon for @$180
https://www.cyberpowersystems.com/product/ups/cp1350pfclcd/
Jan 1, 2019

Specs:
i7-9700k (liquid cooling)
RTX 2070
MSI Z390 A Pro Motherboard
ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D41 16GB 3200mhz RAM
500 GB WD Blue SSD
2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
1050W Standard 80 PLUS Gold, Full Modular Power supply

The time that it turned off today, it looks like the power flickered for some items in our house (we had a snow storm last night) and last night it turned off during the snow storm. So it is possible that it was completely coincidental.

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Are you monitoring temps at all? There is great software out there to monitor temps and then you can make sure you aren't overheating and cross that off your list. I have some that comes with my hue lighting system and also msi afterburner, which I think most people like. I have it overlayed to monitor temps whenever I game just to make sure I don't have any issues with my water loop.

Jan 1, 2019

I tried monitoring my CPU temps last night and it got between 30-65 Celsius (the higher amount while playing R6). Like I said I think it may have been a coincidence and it may have turned off and restarted due to quick power flickers from a snow storm.

What PSU?

Make and model.

personally, most surge protectors aren't that great at protecting your computer - i'd go with a good quality UPS that offers pure sine wave current - it'll protect your computer plus give it clean current.
Cyberpower makes some decent units,

here's what i went with - can be hand on amazon for @$180
https://www.cyberpowersystems.com/product/ups/cp1350pfclcd/

Solution
Jan 1, 2019

I was able to find a decent APC UPS that was $100 a few years ago, should do the trick. Thanks guys you've all been very helpful.