Question New PC having issues when booting

Sep 24, 2020
Hello all,
So I built my new computer a couple nights ago, and when I first tried booting it up it wouldn't work. It would start initially but nothing would happen, so I restarted it. When I restarted it, it would turn on and off every 5-10 seconds. So after reading I tried to make sure my Ram was seated, and held the reset CMOS button. I started it up and it worked. The last couple times Ive used it though the handful of restarts when its first turned on is still happening. Basically here is what It does:
  1. When its first powered on my monitor, mouse and keyboard don't actually turn on with it. The Motherboard LED read out will display - -.
  2. After about 30 seconds it will restart.
  3. Then it is restarting 5-7 times with 5-10 seconds for each restart. Each time there is a slight clicking noise.
  4. Eventually it boots up and I am good for hours to play games with zero issues performance wise.
Today I am opening it back up to do some serious cable management in the back and rerun some cables. Im hoping if there is an issue I can try and troubleshoot based on recommendations from here.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FDpVYg

Sep 24, 2020
Try the latest version of UEFI and then boot up the PC again. It should work.
Ok so I’m not super experienced with this stuff, I normally just buy this stuff, throw it together and hope it works for 4 years lol. Is UEFI already on my system? I see it’s a replacement for Bios, but is there anything specific I need to do?
Also is there a reason you think that would fix it?

Latest posts