New PC Help

YeeeZeee

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015
Hi! I am currently building my first PC, but I have encountered some problems. System Specs:

CPU: Pentium G3258 @3.2GHz (will be over clocking)
GPU: MSI R7 370 2GB
Motherboard: ASRock H81M DGS R2.0
Case: DIYPC Zondda-W
Ram: 2x4GB G-Skill Ares (1600, I think)
PSU: Corsair CX 430M

Anyway, I have all my connectors plugged in (front panel connectors, PWR, LED, RESET, etc...) as well as the CPU 4 pin power connector, 20+4 Motherboard power and fans. Speakers and HD Audio is also plugged in, as well as my Samsung 850 250gb SSD. I have tried to get the MOBO to post or output to my monitor, but no luck. At this point, I've narrowed it down to either PSU or MOBO. I can't test either because I don't have a spare PSU to test with. Any advice is appreciated, I'd love to get the problem solved and get my new rig up and running.

Solution
the 430w power supply is not a good unit and it under sized for a gaming unit. if it under 30 days return it and pick up a evga 600b unit. on the post issue use one stick of ram and no gpu see if there any posting from the mb. also check the mb cpu qal list see if the mb you have has the bios rev to post the newer haswell cpu. the h97 mb will have the the newer bios to post the newest haswelles.
the 430w power supply is not a good unit and it under sized for a gaming unit. if it under 30 days return it and pick up a evga 600b unit. on the post issue use one stick of ram and no gpu see if there any posting from the mb. also check the mb cpu qal list see if the mb you have has the bios rev to post the newer haswell cpu. the h97 mb will have the the newer bios to post the newest haswelles.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS