[SOLVED] new pc in boot loop

Aug 22, 2019
ok i just bought a new pc
ryzen 3700x
msi x570 gaming edge
x2 of 8 gb ddr4 3200 mhz ram
betfinex wishper 850 watt

the motherboard led on cpu is flashing with a ticking sound
and cpu cooler fan is working for 1 sec then stopping also the rgb of the fan keep flashing
i removed all the parts, removed cpu and installed it again, same for the ram, and gpu i even tried to turn the mobo on with no cpu or ram for the bios flash back
and still same led keeps flashing
the cpu led

the motherboard fan is working no problem, vut the psu fat works for a second then stop and then works again and stops and so on

no broken pins or damaged socket, all mobo sand offs are in place, ram rgb not flashing

Solution
Looks like some piece of metal is shorting out with the motherboard or some component that is connected to your pc, this behavior happens when there's something made out of metal is touching a component which its not supposed to touch. The infinite boot loop is the safety measure enabled by the PSU so things don't go south. First of all, take out the whole motherboard from the case and test the bootup outside of the case with just "Ram, PSU, GPU" connected to the mobo on the box of the motherboard like a test bench. Then let us know! Hopefully, this will resolve the problem. I've been in the same situations a lot of times, and always there was something that was shorting out with the PSU safety stuff.
P.S: if it works outside of the...
Aug 22, 2019
even with broken bios your fan would spin...so we can suspect either your power plugs or your mobo shorts out on something....try card box test (pull mobo out, put it on paper box)
i did that and i am getting same error
i removed el cpu and ram just the mother and the 24 pin and still getting cpu led d

all x570 boards requires both eps plugs connected, not sure if u can convert 8pin to 8+4 (as for cable amp ratings), but u can can use 6pin pcie- to 4 pin atx (eps) adapter....your psu has plenty of pci-e available...its same voltage as for cpu plugs, adapter will cost u about 5 bucks

Aug 22, 2019
i just did that, i found the 8 pin cable can split to two 4 pins i plugged both the 4 which is plugged in the psu and the 8 plugged to the psu
and still same error, so i removed the 8 and kept the 4 and same error

Whizkid97

Distinguished
BANNED
Jul 17, 2012
Looks like some piece of metal is shorting out with the motherboard or some component that is connected to your pc, this behavior happens when there's something made out of metal is touching a component which its not supposed to touch. The infinite boot loop is the safety measure enabled by the PSU so things don't go south. First of all, take out the whole motherboard from the case and test the bootup outside of the case with just "Ram, PSU, GPU" connected to the mobo on the box of the motherboard like a test bench. Then let us know! Hopefully, this will resolve the problem. I've been in the same situations a lot of times, and always there was something that was shorting out with the PSU safety stuff.
P.S: if it works outside of the case, then you know where to start, let me know I'll guide further then

Solution