New PC infinite Starting Windows screen

Paddyward

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
Hey guys
My friend is building his PC and he has hit a problem. Whenever he tries to boot the windows 7 disc and install windows, the startup screen displays 'Starting Windows' and does not load past that, not even loading the logo. We are able to load into the BIOS, but no where else.

Before this error was showing, it kinda worked. The disc that we put in (using an external USB disc drive) worked all the way up to when we clicked 'Install now', which it came up with an error about drivers. When we rebooted the PC and tried again, the PC blue screened with an error of 0x000001e. We then rebooted again, and then it hang on 'Starting Windows'.

We tried changing the RAM around to different slots and only using one stick, using different SATA slots and cable, taking out the GPU but nothing helped. We even tried using a hard drive that already had windows installed to see if it booted, but it still came up with the same hanging. I can't really think of anything else to do, please help guys.

Thanks,
Paddy

Solution
hmm i see, at this point since you've already tried with different HDD and sata cables, it could be a RAM/mobo issue.

Make a bootable pendrive/DVD with memtest86 to test your RAM and see if there's any error, lets check that RAM first.
"Before this error was showing, it kinda worked. The disc that we put in (using an external USB disc drive) worked all the way up to when we clicked 'Install now', which it came up with an error about drivers."

Gotta fix that, next time you boot make sure to boot from the DVD to make the installation all over again. It's possible that the Installer is having issues finding drivers for your external DVD (i know sounds weird since it's already working from it, but once loaded it tries to find a less generic driver and sometimes that's the issue). Either slipstream its drivers into your Windows installation disc or try using an internal DVD reader.

Another possibility is that its having issues to find drivers for your HDD/SSD, try loading them right before choosing where to install, you should have an option to load them from a USB pendrive.

Paddyward

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

Thanks for your reply.
We are unable to access the installation menu when we put the DVD with Windows on into the pc, it just hangs on starting windows. I have told my friend to get an internal DVD drive and try it with that, I will update this when we get it.
Thanks

Then you are not booting from the DVD, double check in BIOS that you have the DVD drive as the first bootable device or use the Boot Menu if available (usually by pressing F11/F12).

You need to boot from the DVD to start the installation process from zero to fix that original driver issue.

Paddyward

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

Thank you for your reply.
Okay, I booted from the DVD through the boot menu, by selecting the DVD drive. The display is still showing "Starting Windows", displaying this https://i.imgur.com/ht0L7mh.jpg I have waited for a few hour after this happening and it is still displaying that exact image.
Thanks

Paddyward

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

Yeah, a message pops up in plain text stating "Press any button to boot from DVD", which it then shows a progress bar with "Loading Windows files" and then it goes to the starting screen from the image in my earlier post.
Thank you for helping me all this way :)

hmm i see, at this point since you've already tried with different HDD and sata cables, it could be a RAM/mobo issue.

Make a bootable pendrive/DVD with memtest86 to test your RAM and see if there's any error, lets check that RAM first.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS