Question new pc is crashing on when i play games

Oct 2, 2020
i recently built my pc and things and it started out just valorant crashing when i played but now i get bsod during the game or when im just on my computer. i havent played as many games yet, genshin impact crashes sometimes too, not as much as valorant though.

i have ryzen 5 2600
gtx 1660 super oc
gigabyte b450m mirco atx am4
corsair vengeance rgb pro 16 gb
evga 500 psu

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/b3mgXL

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

By crash does the game exit to desktop or does the system reboot? If the latter, then source a higher wattage PSU that is reliably built and then try to power up the system and then tax it. If the former, then you will need to specify what games the issue is seen on and where you sourced said games from.

Oct 2, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

By crash does the game exit to desktop or does the system reboot? If the latter, then source a higher wattage PSU that is reliably built and then try to power up the system and then tax it. If the former, then you will need to specify what games the issue is seen on and where you sourced said games from.

it does both. it either crashes to desktop or restarts the whole computer or gives me bsod ,, i've got tcpip.sys , ntfs.sys , irql_not_less_or_equal , kernal_security_check fails

so far i've only play newer games like valorant or genshin impact but i've gotten some bsod or reboot when just browsing the internet

update: i played overwatch fine after downloading the game but now it just crashes

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020
hey y'all,

i was ✨thinking✨ and turns out that in my mobo, i had set to to a XMP profile which made my memory run at 3200mhz or something,,, so i disabled it and now everything works 🧍🏻‍♀️