New pc is giving me alot of troubles

Nov 8, 2017
Long story.
Bought a new pc pretty much, ordered all the part and they all got here yesterday:
motherboard: asus prime z370a
cpu: i5 8600k
gpu: evga geforce 1070ti
ram: tridenz f4-3200c16d
psu: corsair rm650x
aight so the first thing that went wrong was that whenever i flipped the switch of the psu it sparked and made a pop sound i thought it was a faulty psu so i turned it off instantly. I didnt smell anything burnt or anything so i try to boot it and all it did was turn on and reset right after nonstop, it didnt stay on for more than 1 second (note the cpu cooler fan has never turned on, even now). So i change psus with another one ive had on my old pc for the last 2 years and has worked without a flaw and the same thing happened, turns on and keeps resetting nonstop. I take off the motherboard, cpu, ram and psu off the case and put the motherboard on the box it came with with the cpu, cpu cooler, 1 stick of ram and connected to the psu and it kept doing the same thing. I take off the cooler and take out the cpu which smelt kinda funny. I reseat it and put it all back together and now it turns on and stays on, but my monitor wont turn on.. it stays on power saving mode, ive tried short circuting the 2 clrtc with and without the battery on the mobo and no change. Im running out of options and im kind of leaning on the side that my psu friend my cpu whenever i first turned it on, but then i dont see why then it wouldve made a difference just by reseating it.
please help
edit: sorry for all the grammatical errors im on my phone since im kinda pcless atm lol

Solution
Something was damaged, motherboard or CPU. With the system not beeping at all I may do the motherboard first. And make sure everything is hooked up well and the motherboard is installed in the case with the standoffs in the right places. From what happened you may have a short somewhere when the system blew out.
Something was damaged, motherboard or CPU. With the system not beeping at all I may do the motherboard first. And make sure everything is hooked up well and the motherboard is installed in the case with the standoffs in the right places. From what happened you may have a short somewhere when the system blew out.

Solution