Question New PC is randomly crashing when playing every single game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiagoacapeleiro

Honorable
Nov 20, 2018
Recently I bought a new PC with the following specs:

β€’ π™Ώπš‚πš„ - πš‚πšŽπšŠπšœπš˜πš—πš’πšŒ π™΅π™Ύπ™²πš„πš‚ π™Άπš˜πš•πš π™Άπš‡ 𝟾𝟻𝟢𝚠 π™΅πšžπš•πš• π™Όπš˜πšπšžπš•πšŠπš›
β€’ 𝙼𝙱 - π™°πšœπšžπšœ πšƒπš„π™΅ π™ΆπšŠπš–πš’πš—πš πš‡πŸΌπŸ½πŸΆπ™΄-π™Ώπš•πšžπšœ
β€’ 𝙼.𝟸 - πš‚πšŠπš–πšœπšžπš—πš 𝟿𝟾𝟢 π™Ώπšπ™Ύ πŸΈπšƒπ™± 𝙼.𝟸
β€’ πšπ™°π™Ό - 𝙢.πš‚πš”πš’πš•πš• πšƒπš›πš’πšπšŽπš—πš πš‰πŸ» πšπ™Άπ™± π™±πš•πšŠπšŒπš” π™³π™³πšπŸ» 𝟻𝟸𝟢𝟢 π™Όπ™·πš£ πŸΉπŸΈπ™Άπ™± (𝟸 𝚑 πŸ·πŸΌπ™Άπ™±)
β€’ π™²π™Ώπš„ - 𝙰𝙼𝙳 πšπš’πš£πšŽπš— 𝟿 πŸ½πŸΏπŸΆπŸΆπš‡ 𝟷𝟸-π™²πš˜πš›πšŽ (𝟺.πŸ½π™Άπ™·πš£-𝟻.πŸΌπ™Άπ™·πš£) 𝟽𝟼 π™°π™ΌπŸ»
β€’ 𝙰𝙸𝙾 - π™½πš‰πš‡πšƒ π™Ίπš›πšŠπš”πšŽπš— πš‰πŸ½πŸΉ πšπ™Άπ™±
β€’ π™΅π™°π™½πš‚ - π™»πš’πšŠπš— π™»πš’ πš„π™½π™Έ πš‚π™»πŸ·πŸΈπŸΆ πšπ™Άπ™± π™Ώπš†π™Ό π™±πš•πšŠπšŒπš” 𝟼 π™΅π™°π™½πš‚
β€’ π™²π™°πš‚π™΄ - π™»πš’πšŠπš— π™»πš’ 𝙿𝙲-𝟢𝟷𝟷 π™³πš’πš—πšŠπš–πš’πšŒ πšπšŠπš£πšŽπš› π™΄πšπš’πšπš’πš˜πš—
β€’ π™Άπ™Ώπš„ - π™Όπš‚π™Έ π™ΆπšŽπ™΅πš˜πš›πšŒπšŽ πšπšƒπš‡ 𝟺𝟢𝟾𝟢 πš…πšŽπš—πšπšžπšœ πŸΉπš‡ 𝙾𝙲 πŸ·πŸΌπ™Άπ™± π™Άπ™³π™³πšπŸΌπš‡

One of my ram's wasn't syncing the light with the other ram so i turned off the pc swapped the ram and turned it on again, the RGB light was working fine but my pc wasn't working, until I realize that I fitted the Ram in the wrong position so i plugged it wrongly after that I fixed the position and then the pc turned on just fine but none of my games are running properly, some games after 5 ~ 10 ten minutes of gameplay just randomly crash to the desktop and some games like warzone are not even open anymore, it was everything thing before I decide to fix the RGB's ram by swapping it. I have a ddr4 ram here with 3000mhz can I troubleshoot with that? I may have broken my motherboard ram slot or even the ram itself, btw I tried to turn it on using a different ram slot but the pc just doesn't turn on, rn I'm using the preferred motherboard slot because if I try any other the pc won't turn. guys pls I'm kinda desperate here, if you have any idea what my be or what I might have done? One last thing, the GPU and CPU are not overheating there are just fine around 55 ~65 (CPU) and 55 ~ 60 (GPU).

DavidM012

Distinguished
You can't troubleshoot it with ddr 4 dimms, ddr4 /ddr 5 memory and mobos aren't compatible.

mobo manual section 1-5 you placed the dimms in sockets a1&b1 rather than a2&b2 but they were properly seated and the clips engaged and then you moved them back to slots a2-b2

So you just touched the dimms and the system went lally? Well I don't believe you could have broken anything simply placing the dimms in the sockets as they are designed to have dimms plugged in and unplugged as long as it is done without gratuitous force.

The power was off at the mains when you did this?

Not a good idea to unplug powered components if the pc is shut down but the mains isn't off there is still power there.

Otherwise well you could just try to power off and switch off the mains and clear the cmos. might've garbled the bios memory training just moving it to another socket.

Read this info on how to perform a hard reset.

If dimms die just by touching them well worst case scenario is electrostatic discharge but it would be quite unlucky.

We are in an age where some newer systems take a few minutes to 'train' the memory when it's first installed so it might just be that and moving it around the sockets makes it start over and it looks like the system is off while it trains which is confusing you.

ensure your dimms are back in a2/b2
try a simple clear cmos first
if that doesn't work do the hard reset

when you power on after clear cmos or hard reset simply wait a few minutes for the memory to train. It might just start after 3-4 minutes or something.

Reactions: tiagoacapeleiro
Have you tried just using your pc for say general surfing equal the the length of time you would have been playing a game before a crash.

Heres a few basic checks you can try

1. run dxdiag
  2. run windows memory test , it will tell you if ram is faulty but not which stick
  3. check device manager for any yellow triangles.
  4. use task manager to see what is running in background.
  5. look in add/remove for anything you dont recognise.
6 look in reliability monitor and google any errors.
7. run scans with malware bytes , anti virus and widows defender , all 3 look for different things.

NOTE ... if malwarebytes finds anything , quarentine and delete it and run scan again till it finds nothing , the is necessary because malware stuff can be in several segments and malwarebytes does not always get rid of things on first scan

DavidM012

Distinguished
ok so if the power was off and dimms were properly seated you probably didn't damage anything so just clear cmos or hard reset and then power back on.

For a moment I was imagining that the dimm wasn't properly inserted or went in at an angle or something don't think you can contract malware simply switching the dimms position.

Windows might've goofed somehow switching the hardware about but just go one step at a time anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.