[SOLVED] New pc is shutting down every third sleep cycle

keanuchampion96

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
Hi guys,
So I've just built a new system and I've noticed that every third cycle that my pc goes into sleep it will go blank as if it was about to go into sleep then stay like that for about 3-4 minutes then shut the pc off,

So basically this happens,
1 Cycle. Pc is on, click sleep, goes into sleep straight away no problem

2 cycle. I wake the pc from sleep, put it back to sleep, goes into sleep no problem but strangely takes a little longer to sleep than the first time

3 cycle. I wake the pc again, when I then put it into sleep for the third time, the pc prepares to go to sleep but it doesn't, the pc runs for 3-4 minutes then turns off,

Ive tired MS updates+ bios updates
I've adjusted the sleep settings and power settings

System specs:
Intel i7 8086K
Asus z390 strix gaming-e
16 gb G skill trident z ddr4 3600
Windows 10

Colif

Win 10 Master
check you have latest version of Intel Management Engine Interface, they may have released a new version to match BIOS
Are you using a GPU or internal? either way, make sure you have latest drivers whichever you use as well.

its likely a driver that isn't playing nice.

have a look for Reliability History in cortana and choose the control panel option. Any red x showing in here? if so, are they on the days PC has done this, click on them and on the details section underneath, click on view technical details

Colif

Win 10 Master
check you have latest version of Intel Management Engine Interface, they may have released a new version to match BIOS
Are you using a GPU or internal? either way, make sure you have latest drivers whichever you use as well.

its likely a driver that isn't playing nice.

have a look for Reliability History in cortana and choose the control panel option. Any red x showing in here? if so, are they on the days PC has done this, click on them and on the details section underneath, click on view technical details

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS