Question New PC isnt detecting most of my hdd and M2?

Jul 19, 2021
I just built a new system with a 5800x, 3090, MSI B550i gaming Edge wifi motherboard.

For some reason all of my hdds and my M2 ssd from my previous system are not being detected in the bios and I can't get into windows at all.

The one hdd that was never used shows up in the bios and that's all out of 4 hdds + 1 m2 drive.

One time I reseated the m2 drive and it booted into windows 10 and then it rebooted itself back into the bios and I haven't been able to get back into windows 10 since.

I tried checking all the connections again and haven't been that lucky since.

I updated to the newest bios that didn't help. The drives all work still when I plug them into my old system.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

I just built a new system with a 5800x, 3090, MSI B550i gaming Edge wifi motherboard.

For some reason all of my hdds and my M2 ssd from my previous system are not being detected in the bios and I can't get into windows at all.

The one hdd that was never used shows up in the bios and that's all out of 4 hdds + 1 m2 drive.

One time I reseated the m2 drive and it booted into windows 10 and then it rebooted itself back into the bios and I haven't been able to get back into windows 10 since.

I tried checking all the connections again and haven't been that lucky since.

I updated to the newest bios that didn't help. The drives all work still when I plug them into my old system.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?
Have you tried clearing your CMOS?

Jul 19, 2021
I figured it out somehow my M.2 drive stopped working when I took it out of my old pc and nothing is wrong with my motherboard.

I don't get how it could have broken it was working perfectly when I removed it from my old system.