Question New PC Issues, Blurry Images, Slow Reponse time [System Information Provided]

zanewatson6319

Prominent
Dec 5, 2018
Hello!

This computer is for my small business' graphic designer. She's been running Windows Vista/7 for the past 10 years on an older machine and it was beginning to fail on her so we got her a new computer. (Hardware listed below.)

The Issues:
All programs Running Slowly, Clicking sometimes will result in a load time.
When in Adobe or Gerber Omega 5.0 the images will be sharp, and if she zooms in or modifies much, it will immediately go blurry. When returning to the same position or reloading the settings it will become sharp again.
Program Windows will disappear & Flash Back up.
Omega 5.0 Not saving Toolbar preferences
Sound does not go through to the Monitor (Graphic Card Port, D-Port or HDMI, tried multiple cables)

Needed Information:
Adobe, Omega are both installed on a secondary storage device. Using Symbolic links, all of their files that would be on the main hard drive are ported over to the secondary drive. Most Programs are installed on the secondary drive.
I updated the BIOS shortly after installation.
Omega is an older program, but Adobe is creation suite and therefore up to date.
The Computer does use SageThumbs to generate thumbnails for her work.

Ram is in the 1 & 3 Slots as designated in the mobo manual.
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b360-hd3_1001_e.pdf

System Information:

Windows 10 Home x64 (Activated)

CPU:
Intel Core i7-8700K Desktop Processor 6 Cores up to 4.7GHz Turbo Unlocked LGA1151 300 Series 95W

CPU COOLER:
Cooler Master MasterLiquid LC120E RGB All-in-one CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump Latest Intel/AMD Support (MLA-D12M-A18PC-R1)

Motherboard:
GIGABYTE B360 HD3 (LGA1151/Intel/B360/ATX/USB 3.1 Gen 2 (USB3.1) Type A/DDR4/Motherboard)

GPU:
ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 Overclocked O8G GDDR6 HDMI DP 1.4 USB Type-C Graphic Card (DUAL-RTX2070-O8G)

RAM:
Ballistix Sport A.T. 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 3000 MT/s (PC4-24000) DR x8 DIMM 288-Pin Gaming Memory - BLS2K16G4D30CEST

SSD (Boot Drive):
addlink SSD S10 512GB SATAIII 6Gb/s 2.5-inch/7mm Internal Solid State Drive with Read 560MB/s Write 500MB/s (ad512GBS10S3)

HDD (Primary Storage):
HITACHI, Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 HDS723030ALA640 3 TB Internal Hard Drive (Catalog Category: Computer Technology/Storage Components)

PSU:
Thermaltake Smart Pro RGB 650W 80+ Bronze Certified PSU. Ultra Quiet Smart Zero 256-Color RGB, Fan Fully Modular, ATX 12V 2.4/EPS 12V 2.92 Power Supply. 7 Year Warranty PS-SPR-0650FPCBUS-R

Monitor: CS2F391 Samsung

Willing to try anything, this is causing the company a lot of work time and the artist stress, as well as my own.

If the PC is new, as in a prebuilt, then it may be easier to get the store or manufacturer to help. I would imagine a new PC like that would be covered under warranty.

For some reason, I'm not so sure about the above assumption. I get the feeling that this new PC isn't completely new and some old components were carried over. This is something to clarify. If the drives were carried over, and no fresh install of Windows, then it would be an explanation of the current behaviour.

Those two assumptions aside, have you checked CPU temperature? I'd start with a hardware monitor like HWiNFO and see if any reading of the components are not to spec.

zanewatson6319

Prominent
Dec 5, 2018
If the PC is new, as in a prebuilt, then it may be easier to get the store or manufacturer to help. I would imagine a new PC like that would be covered under warranty.

For some reason, I'm not so sure about the above assumption. I get the feeling that this new PC isn't completely new and some old components were carried over. This is something to clarify. If the drives were carried over, and no fresh install of Windows, then it would be an explanation of the current behaviour.

Those two assumptions aside, have you checked CPU temperature? I'd start with a hardware monitor like HWiNFO and see if any reading of the components are not to spec.

Thank you for your response,

Personally built from scratch so no manufacturer or store to help. The only thing carried over from the old system are network drives that are used universally throughout the company, One Drive.
NOTE: I did put the old drive into the computer but only so the artist could use some older files and review old preferences in config files for program specifics. It is not the boot drive or main storage.

I will be checking the CPU Temperature.

New Development: After reinstalling Windows 10 and Adobe, the following errors were observed.
View: https://imgur.com/a/E5ujuNi

So at least the boot drive is a fresh installation of Windows, which then should rule out the old motherboard drivers and other associated things as being a source of the issue.

Not familiar with how networks work, but would you have to install the required software on this new PC? The thought is whether there needs to be an installation of the software for the new OS so all required components are available for it to use (eg. when opening an old file).

Is that a SageThumbs error? Had a quick look and there's a reddit thread which claims it doesn't work well (if at all by the sounds of things) with Windows 10: View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3wl7o9/do_not_install_sagethumb_on_windows_10_it/

zanewatson6319

Prominent
Dec 5, 2018
As far as the networks go, they are all on a local server so I just have to map the drives with the default windows features.

I will definately not be reinstalling sagethumbs at least until we can guarantee this installation is fixed. I'm currently installing Adobe at this moment and I'm going to have my graphic artist run through her programs trying to recreate the issues that she has before.