[SOLVED] New Pc issues

alexcoulter111

Reputable
Sep 12, 2018
Hi there,
I built a pc about three months ago and it was working perefectly until a few days ago just after a w10 update when it crashed while playing gta 5. I rebooted the pc and the same thing happened again about 5 minutes later. I rebooted again and just left it on the home desktop but it crashed almost instantly. I tried using ddu to uninstall and reinstall gpu drivers but problem persisted. Tried again but left drivers uninstalled, same problem. Have switched gpu, ram. Reinstalled windows. At a few points windows wouldn't load correctly. Got error 43 on my gpu. I have no clue what the problem is.

Specs:
i5 9600K
Asus Z370-G
Asus Turbo GTX 1080
Team 16GB 2400mhz
Silverstone Strider Plus 600w bronze
Crucial 512gb m.2
Corsair H60
Phanteks P300

Thanks

Solution
It could be PSU related. Do you have a spare one that also have the required connectors to power the system up? If not, I'd recommend returning it under warranty if possible.
Beforehand, a few other things to check:
• Run some stress tests (Prime95 and Heaven Benchmark) to see whether these cause reboots. Prime95 will focus on the CPU, and Heaven will focus on the GPU.
• Check for RAM related issues by running Memtest86 for about 4-5 passes. Even though you have replaced the RAM, it could be faulty RAM slots or other problems.
• Use HWMonitor to check PSU voltages while gaming. Set whatever game it is to windowed mode, decrease the resolution so that you can see HWMonitor, then increase graphics to make up for less intensive resolution...
It could be PSU related. Do you have a spare one that also have the required connectors to power the system up? If not, I'd recommend returning it under warranty if possible.
Beforehand, a few other things to check:
• Run some stress tests (Prime95 and Heaven Benchmark) to see whether these cause reboots. Prime95 will focus on the CPU, and Heaven will focus on the GPU.
• Check for RAM related issues by running Memtest86 for about 4-5 passes. Even though you have replaced the RAM, it could be faulty RAM slots or other problems.
• Use HWMonitor to check PSU voltages while gaming. Set whatever game it is to windowed mode, decrease the resolution so that you can see HWMonitor, then increase graphics to make up for less intensive resolution. Do the voltages (primarily +12v, +5v and +3v) stay close to what they should be?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS