Question New PC issues

Oct 9, 2020
I tried to start my new pc today after having it all built up besides the graphics card, however due to seeing my i9 9900k has integrated graphics I wanted to make sure that everything was working properly while waiting on my graphics card. I started it up with only the motherboard and ram lighting turning on none of my fans or the cpu cooler turned on even the case lights would not turn on. I had the motherboard connected to my monitor via a HDMI cable with no picture showing up. I have made sure all the cables are seated correctly and all of the connections I need have been connected. I have been asking some of my friends about this and one thinks it might be the psu if anyone else has any insight with this issue I would really appreciate it before I return my psu.

PARTS
MOBO: Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU: intel i9 9900k
Cooler: Corsair H150i Capellix
Ram: Corsair Dominator 2x16GB
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 850W
4 Corsair QL fans

Reactions: EridanusSV

EridanusSV

Notable
Aug 16, 2020
Hmmmmmmm... New motherboards tends to take forever to boot because of system check/diagnose. But that shouldn't stop the board sending power and signals to the fans.

Now I'm not sure what's up with your PC. Good luck

Bob125484

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
CPU support list for Gigabyte Z390 Designare
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-DESIGNARE-rev-10/support#support-cpu

There are 2 version of i9-9900K. Stepping P0 requires F3 bios. Stepping R0 requires F6 bios. F6 bios is the latest bios. Not sure what bios version comes with your motherboard.

if you think it is power supply, borrow your friend's power supply to test it. If it is not power supply, then it could be motherboard requires bios update.

Oct 9, 2020
I tried another PSU today and got the same result, however I noticed a red light turn on for a split second in the bottom right it was the cpu light. Should I take my cooler off and maybe try re seating the cpu?

Bob125484

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
I tried another PSU today and got the same result, however I noticed a red light turn on for a split second in the bottom right it was the cpu light. Should I take my cooler off and maybe try re seating the cpu?

According to manual (page 35), if LED of CPU stay on, it means CPU is not working normally. I suspect your 9900K is stepping R0 so your motherboard must be updated to bios revision F6 in order for CPU to work. If possible, return both and get 10th gen i7-10700K (also 8c/16t like 9900K) but probably cheaper. i7-10700K requires motherboard socket 1200
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_z390-designare_1001_190219_e.pdf

Oct 9, 2020
I got it to boot and everything the issue ended up being a cable from my psu plugged into the PEG port on my motherboard I am fairly certain this is not needed so I will just leave it unplugged and carry on. Thank you to everyone that responded.