[SOLVED] New PC keeps crashing when i try to play games

Feb 26, 2020
Specs:
APU: Ryzen 3 3200g with Radeon Vega 8
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro
RAM: 16 GB
SSD: Kingston A400 240G
PSU: SeaSonic S12III 550V

So I downloaded the drivers from AMD: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/...processors-radeon-vega-graphics/amd-ryzen-3-1 , then i went on to download some drivers from ASRock's website.

But when i tried to play some games, but I kept getting the BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, so i installed WhoCrashed and went to see what was wrong. Can anyone help me with this?

WhoCrashed reports:

On Wed 2/26/2020 3:42:15 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\022620-4218-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms2.sys (0xFFFFF8021DB2A4D2)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x10384, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8021DB2A4D2)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms2.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics MMS
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0xBC54C)
file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0351505.inf_amd64_5b0d82e706ad63ce\B351435\atikmdag.sys
product: ATI Radeon Family
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: atikmdag.sys Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Last edited:
Solution
Specs:

So I downloaded the drivers from AMD: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/...processors-radeon-vega-graphics/amd-ryzen-3-1 , then i went on to download some drivers from ASRock's website.

But when i tried to play some games, but I kept getting the BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, so i installed WhoCrashed and went to see what was wrong. Can anyone help me with this?

WhoCrashed reports:

crash dump file...
Feb 26, 2020
Specs:

WhoCrashed reports:

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\022620-4218-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms2.sys (0xFFFFF8021DB2A4D2)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms2.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics MMS
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0xBC54C)
file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0351505.inf_amd64_5b0d82e706ad63ce\B351435\atikmdag.sys
product: ATI Radeon Family
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: atikmdag.sys Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Found the problem, when i took one of the Ramsticks out everything worked fine. So the one i took out probably is defect or has some issues.

Solution